The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 46

Dex-chan lover
This is the chapter we were missing on the other website. It was really confusing when Skell-bro just appeared in the cave full of bones.

Aggregator gang
The MC needs to remember to quick save more often... #FeelsBadMan

Dex-chan lover
That was one HELL of a backtrack. Not a single checkpoint? In a much longer (I think) span than from Rubia to that cave?
Also, didn't he kinda sorta fell victim of the dungeon there? Hence why he rushed out in previous respawns. But this time he was taking his sweet time...

This was the chapter that made me lose my interest in this two years ago. I kept going hoping it'd be better (it got worse in chapter 62) and then it got dropped by the translaters. I saw it getting updated with another 100 chapters so I figure I'd pick it up again.

And I really enjoyed rereading the story. Until here. Where the past dozen chapters become moot, and only the MC has any development of worth. The tournament? The goblins? never happened. All side character developments, negated. Biggest issue of those "live, die, repeat" scenarios. Would make more sense if there was a defined reason for the reset to go THIS far back, or if it was manual and skelly forgot, but... There were just so many points to reset back to that would have been better.

And annoyingly, despite a year (iirc) passing in those chapters, in the next few chapters we see the wolf cub from the trap, dead, after only a few weeks pass... Yeah....

Hopefully chapter 66 (where translators dropped it before) leads to something better. I'd like to imagine it had to improve for another 100 chapters to be published.

EDIT: So by chapter 70, it picks up again with the old stuff. Seems the life that starts here is just a filler arc of sorts, meant only to give MC Skelly a power boost and do some world building. Good, good.

damn he really is like Subaru with checkpoints lmao also emilia is best girl 🤣but fr tho she is

Users who are viewing this thread