The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 2 Ch. 108

Double-page supporter
"We're going the same direction" literally met going the opposite directions

Well, to the people that are complaining about Skellebro lackluster performances ...

First, remember how he started ... as Lv 0 grunt with very limited inteligence and strength, when even other skeletons were a threat ( actually a plot point ages ago ). While the author gave him oportunites to increase his skills ( some of them VERY contrived, TBH ), the issue is that he is still leagues away of the strongest people around, something the encounter with Madame and the ghosts showed pretty well. That is not to say he is weak nowadays, like his fight with the Apostole fragment showed ... just not at top league levels .

Second, and as even the MC complains about in this chapter batch we had, while he got increases of insight skill, the fact is that his inteligence can't be boosted by absortion and that he, after all, is still a skeleton with skeleton level inteligence and initiative ... in other words, a creature with enough inteligence to understand and act upon instructions, but not much more. That alone explains why he is so passive at times ... he, as a skeleton, was not made to take snap decisions or high intelectual prowesses and, predictably, fails miserably when forced to.

That said ... yeah, it is infuriating at times his passiveness and lack of awareness. But atleast it makes sense in universe: after all , he is a uplifted skeleton ( until proof otherwise ) and expecting much of him in terms of high intelectual abilities or good judgement is not a good idea.

@Asta Probably Rena, most likely will go on to brag about how they actually believed their little trick would work and give her the slip.

@Chet31 I mean it was literally explained in this chapter his intelligence has never been increased and he has made smart decisions in the past as well as plans for dire situations. Just because he gets confused by certain things doesn't mean he is straight up dumb.

Our weak ass and dependant Rena became strong and intellectual in one chapter but MC still falling for every trap around. I was expecting some character development because he has some crazy skills. He is the one who finished Rena's quest. Instead of him Rena gets the most buff. I really dislike when author makes things this way. It's over 100 chapter it shouldn't be like this. Story getting unsatisfying to me. I may drop this manga permanently.

@Herico She only knows things from the books she had read, and not much from real-life dangerous situations. It's like having a librarian in a war instead of a battle mage that's both knowledgeable and experienced in dangerous situations.

Why are people complaining about his intelligence? The world's system is actively hindering his development.

VanJosh so, ur telling me, that a girl who has knowlegde that even the MC doesnt know of, doesnt know what those men mean? by saying that
ill have that armored.. as an extra after the girl.
or something. how is that a battle? i mean the MC has just been born in a way and doesnt have much knowlegde. so why doesnt the girl know of those common things such as
sex

WTF this is racist why did the Arthur but arabic people while there is no characters look different from each other but just the arabic people was but as they have a bad intentions bruh now i hate the Arthur's guts
EDIT: and if you think that they just wear this outfit because its hot you're wrong its an arabic outfit its not just he but one of the characters name very close to an arabic name he also show what arabic people do when they want to serve someone in the desert (they but an arabic tent type for the desert) and he butted the arabic people as scum bags that well take advantage of you just because you don't know something like the way to somewhere and its one of the taboos to have any sexual desire to someone else than your wife and its the biggest taboo to kill innocent people and to have premarigal s3x

...like bruh why most of mangakas hate muslim/arabic people like did we do something wrong?

Double-page supporter
@thaher You are basically just acting like hes racist, but forget that there have been a ton of bandits/mercenarys, even necrophiles that went after Rubia in the 1st 10 chaps.

As for their looks it was explained this chapter the people who didnt leave the land after it turned into a desert ages ago have prolly adapted to the climate and look the part. It just so happens that the 1st we meet are merchants and bandits and theres prolly normal Citys with normal people.

Its really closeminded of you and shows that you project things into it that arent there just because you cant handle that middle eastern looking people can also be thiefs and bad people like everyone else in the series how shocking. For you its fine, if the white bandits are necrophiles and other shit, but you feel offended when its people that look similiar to you i assume how laughable.

There has been many manga that depict middle eastern culture in an amazing light like a Brides Tale (Otoyomegatari) for example that is 1 of the most popular Manga with extremely gorgeous art.

Users who are viewing this thread