The Sorcerer King of Destruction and the Golem of the Barbarian Queen

Fed-Kun's army
It's been a while since I smashed that follow button before even finishing the first chapter of something.

Group Leader
Does the Golem become the elf eared girl on the cover, or is that someone else?

Dex-chan lover
The title's English translation is slightly off. The construction ゴーレムの蛮妃 is using the particle の in the role of indicating identity/apposition (e.g. 大統領のブッシュ氏 = "the President, Mr. Bush"), i.e. an accurate translation should be "the Golem Barbarian Queen" (or, more long-windedly, "the Golem that is/was the Barbarian Queen").

How does one suggest title translation changes?

Group Leader
As you can see in the manga cover, it's the Author own translation into English.

Since I am just translating and not localising, the name stand as it is, since I don't have any authority to decide the "official" English name.

So for me the name stand as it is.

Dex-chan lover
OK, but from what I've seen on other manga's pages, it's permissible to provide alternate translations of the title when reasonable, right?

@KiTA @mrf @tlumin
Nah, I think the golem becomes the elf girl for sure, both are white, the golem blush in the start, the skeleton under the stone is a girl, the golem fears that scene... the soul of the girl/skeleton got into the golem or something

Dex-chan lover
I enjoyed this a lot, would love to see more stories with a golem/made companion with a will of their own.

Users who are viewing this thread