The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Nice of Devil and Angel scans to punish the readers for their childish squabble with another translation group. Pathetic.

Ah yes the final disrespect to the author and artist after a bunch of kids argue about who gets to steal err, translate their hard work lol, I ain't mad about the spoiler, just not sure who it's really meant to punish.

What a trashy scans group, I'm suprised mangadex hasn't deleted this chapter for spoiling/banned this group. Such bullshit

Dex-chan lover
I can't help feel bad for the rivals in these kinds of manhwas. This lady has dedicated her life to be the perfect wife and make her family proud then some upstart comes and takes everything from her...

Contributor
It took me a solid minute to figure out what the scan group meant by "P.S. don't scroll down any further"

I was like, "Uh, all that's left is the credits page, am I not supposed to see that" XD (I assume the author of the note has a "scroll to next chapter" setting turned on :'p — I will of course still be reading, though the scanlator 'till now has my sympathies for the heartbreak in this whole thing, regardless of my quite different feelings about the ethics of speed-scans and the like)

@SOL_rocks:

Yeah, the episode here felt like watching someone who'd been told all their life, that if they do good in school and get into a good college and study hard, they'll be able to get the job they want... And then they're introduced to the real world, and having trouble even getting a job interview, and then the one job they really wanted goes instead to a high-school dropout who had more relevant experience, talent and connections.

Of course she's upset. Someone told her this was how the world works, that these were the things she had to do to succeed in life, and she's trying her damnedest. (I mean she also has some personality flaws, but that's besides this point).

Dex-chan lover
@Pokari sheltered and/or spoiled rich ladies almost always have some kind of personality flaws, it's a law of nature at this point

Contributor
@SOL_rocks: Well, most of us aren't at our best when we're given lots of power and limited consequences for a lot of our misdeeds. But that's a whole 'nother discussion XD

Dex-chan lover
@Pokari
Just wanna pitch in for anyone who might read in the future: Video games are a perfect example of this basic premise. The environment enables behavior.
Watch people play RUST, or GTA V, and you'll see what happens when you design an environment that promotes griefing. Even if you think "I'll never do that!", once you have a fighter jet under your name, shooting someone down becomes incredibly trivial and simple. You'll suddenly forget that you called other people assholes for doing so.

Fed-Kun's army
Duke Agentine: no i want a wife who is smart and devoted to her research and most importantly can kick my ass

Dex-chan lover
Ah... this other girl is limited by her own pride and obsession with being a "proper wife." Tis a shame

Dex-chan lover
I swear he always be wearing the dowry of a countess on his back he always be sparkling lol

I like this story but the drama from translators needs to stay off of these pages. It dives me nuts that they forced someone else off of translating this and within a few chapters they turned around and dropped it...

Users who are viewing this thread