The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 23

Dex-chan lover
Kicking everyone else out of the hotel is a bitch move. Not everyone is as rich as you, Duke. Where are those folks gonna stay?

Double-page supporter
So, I had a realization about the Duke's hotel purchase.

Initially, it would be a massive amount of capital investment to gain ownership of it, but it would actually turn a profit in the long run if he decided to continue managing it afterward.

If the Duke has deep enough pockets to front the initial costs, it's not really a bad purchase for the Agentine Family long-term.

Dex-chan lover
@Dreadkiwi IF he continues to manage it afterwards. That's a big if. Add in the fact that he seems all too willing to disrupt normal business operations at the drop of a hat. Cancel all future reservations! Sure, fine, don't kick out current guests, but people arriving in a couple hours? Fuck them!

@comeonnow0 i feel like him kicking out future reservations will only cause more demand from nobles to visit the hotel. they are nobles after all. rich people here like the exclusive high class stuff, they want to brag about something. also a rumor of the evil duke buying a whole hotel for his fiancé to stay the night could easily escape and help with marketing. and i do think he will keep managing it considering he bought it under his family name. if it fails or something bad happens to it, it bring down his reputation despite the financial gain/losses. using the family name and tying it to a business or person is a big deal for nobles.

Dex-chan lover
@viovee That first part is HIGHLY unrealistic. Nobility don't JUST like exclusivity. Your idea sounds like an episode of the show South Park, where businesses massively restrict customers just to drive up demand. It wasn't about nobles, but the comparison still stands.

More importantly, nobles and the rich HATE being treated like second-class. They would HATE having their reservations canceled on a whim because it makes them look less important.

@comeonnow0 i haven’t seen south park so i don’t understand the comparison lol it might sound unrealistic but it’s based on manhwa knowledge so obvi is not gonna be totally replicable irl and yeah nobles would probably don’t like to get cancellation, but i don’t think reservations were cancelled, they just turned down people who came without reserving first. probably just told them all the rooms were booked already. they wouldn’t feel like second class, just probably thought of reserving in advance in the future. hence why the deman would increase, with the help of a little bit of mouth to mouth marketing BUT that’s just my thought lol pls don’t take it too seriously, we are probably never gonna see the hotel again 😅

Double-page supporter
ha
simp
tier3+onlyfans subscriber+top donator both monthly and weekly.
maybe I should add daily too

Aggregator gang
Screen_Shot_2019-09-24_at_4.22.16_PM.jpg

Aggregator gang
I'm pretty late to the drama, but honestly I don't understand the point of it. This series is average at best, so why are people so attached to it? I get the intial snipe was bad manners and I'd be on the side of the original scanlators, but after a certain point it's either cut your losses or fully commit until the other guys quit. Drama over something you do for free is just pointless.

Dex-chan lover
Me: duke you need to CALM DOWN
*ivona in white dress appears*
Me: nvm duke pls keep throwing money for our girls happiness

Dex-chan lover
@dab1ackdud3
If I remember correctly, what happened back then was with all the snipes going on, some asshole decided to pull out a super half assed spoiler chapter showing their wedding, which pissed off the one of the scanlating groups causing them to pull all their chapters and quit or something

Users who are viewing this thread