The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 34

Aggregator gang
@theilikepie
Idk in his case but the duke of Taran became so rich by conquering lands from the othr unknown lands. I guess he's doing the same

Dex-chan lover
This dude is CRAZY rich!! I thought he was a multimillionaire when he's actually a multibillionaire!!

Dex-chan lover
@theilikepie Well, some of his assets are surely from taxes in his territory, but he doesn't seem like the type to spend that for more personal things like this. It probably goes back into managing the territory. He's more likely using personal funds for this, and the hotel before (which turned into a way to make more money himself, I wouldn't be surprised if he owns other businesses like that).

her mom was also a mage...
but like why is thy is the father such a shitty person,
it was probably meant to be a hand me down...
if they dont end up buying that item back, imma be so pissed😤

Dex-chan lover
Usually people get rich by not spending money unless they need to... Huh. I guess they're planning to raid the place anyway, so I suppose it's not going to matter in the end. I hope Ivona gets her mother's brooch back in any case.

Also, page 3: Hello cat mask and drill ringlets!

Dex-chan lover
That human trash called father probably gambled her mothers jewelry away. Win it back!

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro You're thinking too deep, this is basically a teenage girl's romance fantasy, so the author certainly hasn't thought this out.
The "personal funds" of aristocracy came from the taxes levied on the peasants in their territory. So he's either squandering what he inherited from his ancestors or just taxing his people heavily - in either case it would be a stupid and irresponsible behaviour in reality, but this is not reality fortunately.

All the jewelry in this comic is so beautiful. Is there anyone in the comments that is art savvy that has an idea of what the process for designing jewelry like this in photoshop or any digital paint program is like?

Fed-Kun's army
I love how everyone is complaning how the duke is spending money... did you really expect a commun sens from this kind of manga?

Aggregator gang
I know him betting that much seems like an outrageous sum of money, but remember...the author is Korean. 1,000 won (Korean currency) equals less than 1 US dollar. So 40 million SEEMS like a crazy amount to spent on a ring, but if we factor in how much that's worth in Korean sensibilities, the bid was actually worth around 30,000 USD.

Still a lot of money, but much more reasonable, don't you think? XD

Users who are viewing this thread