The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 2 Ch. 68

@spacekat that still holds true in many regions of this planet and even in our modern equality countries, it's:
first: not that long that women have political or whatever might and are not mostly known as wife of xy
second: even today, there is unequality and drawbacks for both gender, but one thing that makes the life of women problematic is the simple biology of getting children, for a man it's one night, for a woman it's a year if I count pregnancy and some months of breast feeding and recovery, there are professions there a (sudden) year break is more or less unproblematic but in some not
and I've read once a good article which said a woman who purely works is a career driven bitch, one who works while having children is a bad mother and unreliable worker and if she stays home she is antiquated on the other hand a man who purely works is a hard worker who can be proud, working while caring for children, great father and motivated worker, if he stays at home - a futurist
yes I (and the article writer too) know that this is carried to the extremes but there is still a lot of truth in it

honestly the ladies chat made me cry, its not far from how things still are, there are still a lot of women abandoning their dreams because someone said they are not fit for it or its not lady-like, people still think our priority should be to be a wife and mother first and think about our careers and dreams second

the only good thing the emperor has ever done was ending ivona and annoying blondie engagement

i totally understand why she did that in such a public place, she doesnt want this to be something dealt with behind the scenes and for people to only know about that when it might be too late - of course, it could also backfire and cause complete panic in society, but at least they will be able to prepare as soon as possible for the inevitable battle earlier than they did before, she just doesnt want to lose more time and got enough respect to be taken seriously right now

I don't like the new head priest, he's sus. He's keeping his eyes closed (a classic for scheming characters) and his kindness sounds fake to me.

She's putting a big target on her back this way but it will definitely draw attention.

Double-page supporter
I hope that the princess would gather these ladies and allow them to bloom their desires, while gathering support to become the future empress.
I'm also somewhat suspecting that the temple is behind this gender roles segregation, or at least they prevent these roles to evolve naturally. I mean they were able to basically prevent herb usage not only in the medical field, but in cousine too, even basic spices.

Also Ivona not being up to date to the news regarding Lady Keldon, totally unaware that she was the reason for her change.

Aggregator gang
Damn she was like "Let me drop this bomb on you in front of all these people" LMAO

Dex-chan lover
Announcing the revival of a demon in front of the entire high class society might not have been the smartest move...

i dont think it was a wise decision to discuss such details in public. its just an assumption that would cause chaos in the empire. though i get that she may have wanted to discuss this with both the emperor and the temple but given that theyre on bad terms this is the only place theyll be in the same room, it's still such a huge risk. i hope shes atleast 90% sure of this and has evidence to support it (ok yea ik thats the only theory that makes sense considering future events but still)

also ps, DO ALL PRIESTS TALK WITH THEIR HANDS CLASPED TOGETHER WHAT IS WITH THAT

Dex-chan lover
Keep confusing that new priest as the gay lover of the baron.

I can see the set up for a revolution of women's roles in the society due to the princess the duchess and lady Keldon. I hope the author takes that route. I'd like to see more of these women to have an opportunity to make their dreams come true

Fed-Kun's army
As many others have said, I don't think this should be discussed publicly. Although she already knew it's the truth, it's all just assumption based on their perspective.

Thank you for the updates 💝

Well, I for one am happy that she told everyone the truth. Sure they'll panic and doubt her but on the long run this choice is better because more clues and more informants will come out. I believe everyone's awareness for the looming danger will increase and people will be more careful which'll lead to less deaths.

Users who are viewing this thread