The Story Between a Dumb Prefect and a High School Girl with an Inappropriate Skirt Length - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

This is...promising. Interesting characters, premise, and potential for some good character development. And of course lots and lots of fluff.

Really my only issue is an incredibly nitpicky one, and that's how not possessing 'flexible thinking' prevents someone from being good at math, math is always consistent unless you don't know the rules. Having trouble with philosophy or something would make more sense. Unless he's functionally autistic or something (don't mean that as an insult btw), and if that's actually the case I'd be interested to see where this goes. Don't think I've seen a good romcom with someone dealing with functional autism.

...Come to think of it, I haven't seen many manga romcoms that deal with disabilities well , mental or physical. Anyone know of any decent ones?

Aggregator gang
I'll rant there a bit!
That spectrum thing is kinda dumb. Noone (or too small number to be a norme) is perfectly normal. Having shenanigans is kinda normal (although they may be bad). Having shenanigans that affects life greatly (sic!) is what should be called a mental disease, not all sorts of strange/aloof/altruistic/selfish behavior squeeshed into degrees of spectrum. Many high functioning autists are just weird in some aspect folks, aren't they? Gosh, I've even been once asked if I'm not on spectrum cause I'm bad at remembering new people. Like, I'm just rarely interested in people enough to force myself to remember their faces, it's weird and inconvenient, but not even remotely close to autism. I hope the trend to label even minor quirks will fade with time.

I'd like to add that autism is especially vague fad among mental things. There ain't specific physiological markers or genes attributed (that would fit to every diagnosed autist), it's just a list of symptoms coming in a butch, whereas some other mental diseases can be be diagnosed certainly with pure data (like psychopathy can be diagnosed through encephalogram).

@domunobu it is partially, but a lot of it is study technique that is true.

the main problem i had was he says math requires flexible thinking, while math is the least flexible there is, just follow the formulas and you'll be okey, no creative thinking needed, flexible thinking is needed for a lot of subjects but math is not one of them.

Dex-chan lover
@celestialwolf157
Don't think I've seen a good romcom with someone dealing with functional autism.
Well, perhaps not a diagnosed and recognized forum of autism, no, I can't think of any. But some characters... Ehhh...

...Come to think of it, I haven't seen many manga romcoms that deal with disabilities well , mental or physical. Anyone know of any decent ones?
The only things that come to mind are "One Week Friends" and "A Silent Voice". Actually, now that I think about it, Bocchi Kaibutsu to Moumoku Shoujo and Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru (both of which are adorable), too.

Fed-Kun's army
I like both of em. He's straight forward, but doesn't spit bullshit and she's neither a useless tsundere nor a bully.

I like the translation dude, very cool.
I just feels like browsing through 9gag posts reading this, again, very cool

Users who are viewing this thread