The Story of a Girl with Sanpaku Eyes - Ch. 44 - Maybe you were that girl

Group Leader
Ugh! How disappointing. I haven't had a bad word to say about this series - until now. Has the author run out of ideas and is now going to go through all the clichéd storytelling tropes one-by-one, turning what was a 10/10 into 5/10 at best?

Aggregator gang
Kinda cliche but Im alright with that. Its okay.

@FredFriendly Agreed my friend. They're still cute tho. But yeah Author forced this it was unnecessery. 5/10 is kinda too much don't you think? Maybe 7/10 or 6/10 is better I guess.

ah, the classic love at first site from when they were 5 and unknowingly became friends 10 years later

Group Leader
@Msaid08
Kinda cliche but Im alright with that. Its okay.

FredFriendly Agreed my friend. They're still cute tho. But yeah Author forced this it was unnecessery. 5/10 is kinda too much don't you think? Maybe 7/10 or 6/10 is better I guess.

The more the author depends on clichéd storytelling tropes, the lower and lower will my ranking become. How are you gonna feel about a friend of the female lead going after the boyfriend? Or another male childhood friend of the female lead popping out of the woodwork and declaring that they promised to be married when they become adults? I had ranked this a solid 10/10, but now it's only a 9/10 for me since they are still cute. It's not unheard of for an author to willingly (or inadverdantly) trashing their own series.

Introducing unnecessary forced drama and using a somewhat stale love-at first-sight-when-they-were-kids trope isn't really comparable. This was never high literature or an extraordinarily well written manga to begin with, so in my opinion it doesn't really do it any harm. Everyone just reads it to look at cute shit. Even with tropes like that it still works well in that regard.

Aggregator gang
@FredFriendly I couldn't agree more. If that childhood friend cliche happens Im out. I just wanted to say that 5/10 is too harsh to give but you already said its 9/10 for now cuz they are cute. Seriously I couldn't agree more.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine thinking that cliché is something that should be avoided at all costs instead of using it when it's appropriate.
The worst I can say about it is "Okay, that happened". Like, for now it's not good, it's not bad, it's just there.

Users who are viewing this thread