The Story of a Succubus Who Came to the Human World - Ch. 7 - Succubus' Despised Food

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Typo: @Special-Chipmunk
  • p3 the succubus were able -> the succubus was able

Dex-chan lover
Green peppers are delicious if cooked properly. They pair really well with strong flavors of tomato and garlic. That's why they fit so well with fajitas or in a green pepper casserole. Just having them over plain rice doesn't sound good in the slightest.
Are you kidding me? They're awesome with plain rice. Jjust stir fry them until they're somewhat soft (not too much though, they can get squishy), use some soy sauce during the stir fry and serve.

Dex-chan lover
Yep. Luckily these series are chaste so they don’t have this issue, but it still has that “born sexy yesterday” trope where they’re straddling the line between daughter and lover
as a blue archive fan, why not both

It's very common for kids to dislike the taste of bell peppers in Japan as Japanese green bell peppers are more grassy and bitter than what you might find in an American grocery store. Most kids are more sensitive to these bitter flavors where adults have gotten used to them and can enjoy them. Along with bell peppers, carrots and green peas are also a common disliked vegetable for children.

Dex-chan lover
It's very common for kids to dislike the taste of bell peppers in Japan as Japanese green bell peppers are more grassy and bitter than what you might find in an American grocery store. Most kids are more sensitive to these bitter flavors where adults have gotten used to them and can enjoy them. Along with bell peppers, carrots and green peas are also a common disliked vegetable for children.
This. It's because the soil is different in the different parts of the world, causing the taste profiles to change.

Bell Peppers in America become more bland, while broccoli and brussels sprouts are way more bitter, opposite of Japan

Aggregator gang
heh.jpg
:meguusmug:
L-Lewd...

Dex-chan lover
This. It's because the soil is different in the different parts of the world, causing the taste profiles to change.

Bell Peppers in America become more bland, while broccoli and brussels sprouts are way more bitter, opposite of Japan

Huh, interesting. I've long been baffled by the "disgusting green peppers" trope in Japanese media. As an American, I liked them as a kid, even raw, and few of my friends/peers ever had a problem with them, either. But we were all convinced that broccoli, brussels sprouts and spinach were VILE.

I can see your point about the bitterness of brussels sprouts, AnacondaHL, and spinach can be bitter, too. But it seems to me that broccoli usually tastes quite mild. Looking back, I suspect that the primary reason we all loathed these vegetables (whether or not we'd ever actually eaten them) was because we were constantly told by one another and by children's media that we, as kids, were supposed to hate them. "Kids hate spinach and broccoli" was a widespread meme, in the pre-internet sense of the word.

I wonder if that's a factor in the apparently widespread hatred of bell peppers by Japanese kids (in addition to the bitterness Potato_Melon mentions). I mean, Japan's is a deeply conformist culture, and the message that children detest them is relentlessly hammered home by manga and anime aimed at kids.

Just a thought...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Poor things were just overworked and never had time to relax or develop a relationship, This applies to the both of them

Thanks everyone at Special-Chipmunk for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Ah, interesting, thanks.

Dex-chan lover
Green peppers are delicious if cooked properly. They pair really well with strong flavors of tomato and garlic. That's why they fit so well with fajitas or in a green pepper casserole. Just having them over plain rice doesn't sound good in the slightest.
So what you're saying is that green peppers taste good if you combine them with things that completely masks the taste of green peppers.
both of you are ignoring the fact that green (bell?) peppers are stereotypically portrayed similarly to broccoli as universally hated by children in Japan. (Steam broccoli goes great with/is easily masked by a creamy cheese soup or well seasoned mashed potatoes btw)

Dex-chan lover
i thought it would be all fanservice but this is acc cute.
tho it's just a kid lmfao..

Users who are viewing this thread