The Story of a Waitress and Her Customer - Ch. 20

Group Leader
@tatherwood eh, even in your example, he says "didn't get splashed". This is saying him saying "oh shit you got splashed" basically. If I asked someone "you did eat the cake I make, right?" it wouldn't make sense either if I meant "you didn't eat it, did you?"

I'm very tired so my example is shit, but this seems like more of a typo than anything. "You didn't get splashed?" "Correct I didn't" makes sense as you said, but saying "you did get splashed" doesn't.

Dex-chan lover
@ADarkDrop Right, but that's my point. He leads with "you didn't get splashed, right?", and she starts saying "Hai" (correct). But then, FOR SOME REASON, he goes "aaaah, so you DID get splashed" (this is the part where I'd like to check raws to understand what's happening, cause theoretically nothing should make him doubt). And then she goes "hai, I didn't", following upon his previous statement, which for us would be "no no no, I didn't" or something.

Thing is, it sounds weird in the translation, no doubt, but in Japanese should make sense. I'm just not sure why he changes his statement.

Group Leader
Yeah just to clear it up, I think what Tatherwood is saying is pretty close to the raws. Shiraishi is double checking, because he didn't hear/understand saki's message here. It's like a phrasing of the question kinda thing, so when she answers in full, Shiraishi's misunderstanding should be cleared up. To be clear, she didn't actually get splashed, it was a misunderstanding on Shiraishi's part.

Users who are viewing this thread