The Strongest Cheat Player - Ch. 4 - Betrayal

for the question, I'd just reach that realm, pay his investment back with interest whenever I could and never look into his face again. No reason to fight with him for it. If it wasn't for the investment the MC would still be no one if what he said is correct.

Supporter
Woah, first half of the chapter I was "Stop it with the death flags", second half was probably worse of a downer than his death would have been.

Double-page supporter
why was there a need to throw this in? i liked how they were bros :(

would have much rather preferred if what he suspected was the case

Group Leader
MC had an awful day, got attacked by monsters then got a reputation for loving a man and lastly overheard what his brother’s thoughts about him, what a hectic day.

I just hope they don’t make this into a misunderstanding. There is no way that such a long obvious speech could be a misunderstanding. It’s not like he used vague words.

MC got a lot of money fighting monsters in that cave. I guess the author forgot.

Fed-Kun's army
Won't @ you cause so long. But darasu man. You're far too nice of a guy OR you're just not placing yourself in the situation.

He'd be lucky I didn't kill him let alone pay him back. It's different if initially they were just acquaintances or directly just business partners as in his actual investor. He treated him as a real brother. You then overhear him calling you a freeloader that's fine, maybe he's just having a bad day. However directly saying you're going to betray him at the first needed chance? Hohoho.

Yeah I'd cut off our connection 100%, if he approached me when I made it big? I'd tell him the 'Brothers only exist to backstab one day' bullshit then tell him to fuck off or I'll kill him.

Edit:
Just wow next chapter? I feel bad now. It seems never make quick conclusions, confront your friend/family if your overhead something. The reaction will help.

D, he is not worth the trouble so I would just leave him in the past and continue walking into the future.

@darasu I agree. he needed the money and the guy worked hard to get it. whether friends, brothers or business partners, the guy risked a lot to pay for the MCs school. regardless of what he thinks about it, he should pay him back and maybe over the years add a bigger bonus based on how much he makes. It would be hard to not be angry or upset when you are paying out so much money year after year. Though it probably would have been good to keep his friend apprised of his progress so he doesnt think he is just screwing around? i think it was over 5 years to reach level 10 so progress wasnt fast, but it did happen...

@jessiej

wow, I've commented here more than a year ago. Didn't even remember I've already read this.

but yeah, I'd still say the same. A man of honor always pays his debts. The guy who commented before you saying he'd even kill the guy because of this "betrayal" is just stupid.

nothing will change the fact that his friend still overworked and did illegal shit for years to pay for the MC studies. Any other option just feels like something a self-absorbed, ungrateful and edgy teenager would say.

Users who are viewing this thread