The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Strongest Sage, Participating in the Examination

Double-page supporter
Even MU online hacked version only has 18 slots of infused. These 20 buff for 1 weapon thingy is too cheap to believe.

Double-page supporter
I needed that magic exam result with the giant pit-divot SO MUCH! I laughed SO HARD! What was it, page 41 or something? I looked and meant to post it but I was laughing so hard that I semi-forgot the number.

Dex-chan lover
There's so many power-trip related details of the story that you honestly can't enjoy it any other way than for this specifically...

So... the magic algebra troubled scholars around the world for centuries, and nobody's figured it out. Then why the fuck did you put it in a school entrance exam?

"Someone who can do magic augmentation won't just magically appear"
"I guess you're right"

They really let this girl pass despite winning with an op sword in an exam meant to test skills huh?

Yeah, this exam mini-arc went full into deifying the MC. But what else did anyone expect out of this?

That being said, small theory, don't know if anyone else has said it, but when the school admins are talking, one of the statues looks like previous life MC. Given that the first chapter and title depict him as being the strongest, it is likely that legend of him passed down after he disappeared with reincarnation. Then, because of that, the crest he had was also glorified as the 'Mark of Honor' to reflect his abilities. You could say this plot was put into motion by some nefarious force, but overall it would make the most sense as to why shit has changed.

And here I am 8 drinks deep analyzing shotgun trope isekai on MangaDex. I need a new hobby

Dex-chan lover
I'm not a expert on swordsman ship but I'm pretty sure Ruri's fighting style was a form of fencing right?

So you apply to a school, and being better than teachers there is a good exam taking strategy... WAT?

Dex-chan lover
@captain_crunch
MC isn't that much of a genius. He is just ridiculously long-lived, and he spent most of those years training in fighting. And it seems he lacked common sense even back in his world.

Double-page supporter
300 GRAMS?!?! Fucking hell! A rapier weighs about 1kg! That's not a sword, its a toy knife for a toddler.

The translation on page 5 at the bottom is a bit wonky, he should be saying she surprised him, and then she apologizes for being so sudden but she's happy it turned out well, not sure why it says "But I was really surprised you said you could do that too" since in the raw it just says しかし驚いたよ, literally it's just the word but and the verb to be surprised

Banned
Okay. Yakat Best Girl Woman. Good to know.

I doubt we'll get to see any hot Yakat action though. Kinda unfortunate that in series like this, what I consider attractive isn't usually intended to be that way. Oh well.

Choto mate! Is she legal??? AND WHY IS SUCH AN OLD MAN FALLING FOR A KID????? LOLICON??? DAMN SOMEONE CALL FBI!!

Dex-chan lover
I like Alma's character more than Ruri's. However, 11 Japanese main characters out of 10 would choose Ruri. It can't be helped.

so what happened to being low key with this guy, so dumb. "I should hide my strength" then goes around showing off like an ass

Users who are viewing this thread