The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest

@zaldun Lol Ironically that chapter popped up literally after I posted the last comment, I will admit that part was distasteful but to a degree I mean It's understandable while he did it.

Nonetheless that's probably the one demon death so far that actually bothers me.

Dex-chan lover
@OuterRem part of the reason the story is 2d and bland is BECAUSE he doesnt have any emotional/mental conflict (an example being the not killing thing) i mean hes just so... boring... he doesnt change because he already knows everything... i cant read this anymore its driving me nuts lol

Dex-chan lover
Honestly the biggest problem here is Mary Sue-kun the protagonist. I'm not above most of the things in this aside from him having the power to essentially solve any problem himself. I'm well aware that this is brainless power fantasy chuuni bullshit, but it just irks me when there are parts of a premise that I like that gets underutilized because it's all just a backdrop for sucking off the protagonist who can do literally everything. Like just remove that element.

Make him a dude with average power, maybe some specific strengths and weaknesses. Off the top of my head something simple like being a decent swordsman focused on enhancement magic, with some basic elemental magic in his repertoire for use in battle and convenience. When he reincarnates he goes around teaching the new generation the more effective stuff from the old generation, like the basic magic theory of old and knowledge of technology, and then focus more on society learning and steadily catching up. Go from city to city, pass on new methods, travel to the next, maybe something unraveling in the background. Along the way he picks up a party of varied types of people with good chemistry and likable personalities. Given it's a fantasy world with a magic system there's room for a lot of creativity and variance in the environments and types of stories you could tell going from place to place. The boy falls in love with a girl. Unable to confess he is then gifted with a deus-ex machina of the girl's phone numb- what was I saying again?

Anyways, it's basically just the premise of this story but without the overpowered protagonist, but someone with a reasonable power level. He doesn't have to be literally God for people to believe that his way of doing things is correct. It should be that as long as you can demonstrate methods that work and teach them, reasonable people will be receptive to it, and humanity would steadily progress back to its original level.

Hell, you know what? Just skip all of that and at least make your protagonist LIKABLE. I fucking love Rimuru and his novel, even if he is by most definitions a character without flaws. I'm willing to overlook so much stuff if I just enjoy reading it or I like the characters, but it can't even do that.

Not sure why I bothered typing all of this out to be honest. It's late, I guess, and for some reason I feel motivated to type giant walls of text late at night.

Dex-chan lover
@calvinthecalvin

dude they were literally about to slaughter a bunch of people, were saying shit like "whoever kills the most wins," and performed a sacrifice on one of their own kind against their will to begin this invasion, are we really going to argue about demon rights right now

this protagonist is eleven different types of cringe but if you have a problem with him killing hostile invaders then you might just be an actual brainlet

This is the exact same premise as Grandson of the sage, don't remember its name.

I do not have a problem with OP protagonist but if his OP can solve any conflict then the story becomes boring. There's no consequence of his action just yet and only praise.

I would prefer the author create a conflict where his OP power can't fix and he needed to rely on something else instead or create situations where his power would escalate the situation so he can't use it. Make the protagonist struggle once in a while.

Side characters are so 1 dimensional that I don't even care about them though.

sigh... give me my time back. SO NOT WORTH IT.
Can't the author at least TRY for one little, itty-bitty, human flaw like characteristic?

It's just an action-packed manga where what would we be expecting are not "repercussions" "consequences" "weakness". Since we know he WILL win, what would we expect from each chapter are "tactics" "process" "OP-ness".

How will he win it this time? What kind of fancy-looking magic/tech will he use? Those are the things you should be looking forward on future chapters.
If you're expecting the protag to be cornered "because that's what would be logical", well, not in this genre I don't think.

He will always win, and that is just the type of manga this is. Like how most people would expect the male protag in most mangas would eventually have a female harem of his own. It's always a turn off for me when the male protag is only getting female partners, just like how it is a turn off for some of you seeing the protag in this manga always win.

I, for one, really digging the art style, but never expect anything from the story or character development. I'm looking forward to combat scenes with really nice art style in future chapters from this manga, that's all. And I am still looking forward for future chapters~

I almost don't care that the Chinese-genocide isekai's anime got cancelled. This is the exact same but with actual genocide!

Leave it to the Japanese to re-name Chinese into demonese and get away with it.

Dex-chan lover
@valconius oh you mean that, I do hear about that.
Though from your comment I was more under the impression that, you're saying the author for this one also said racist stuff like the author from Nidome no Jinsei.

Also, theme wise I think this one more similar to Kenja no Mago.
There's the part about reincarnated, the part of the protagonist being way too OP a young prodigy, the part of meeting two girls which then one of them ended up being the love interest, and of course the part they were going to a magic school of the sort.

Dex-chan lover
This series is strange. Usually we're at least shown why the bad guys are bad. I find myself more sympathetic to the demons who get slaughtered en masse by the sociopathic protagonist. He's basically Superman, if he can do anything then why can't he a figure out a scenario where the demons don't have to die horribly? Why is he so cavalier about it? They're basically just humans with wings and more magic. I kept reading because I figured there must be a point to this but no.

Dex-chan lover
@Ironclad I think I could help you with that.
The bad guys motivation for being bad is.. I guess the typical bad guys thing, like ruling over the world/human race of the sort because demon race is more powerful and superior.
Since well obviously the human race doesn't want that, they retaliate and eliminate the demon race almost to the brink of extinction.. that was in the past before our protagonist reincarnated.
Now in the present as you probably notice when reading, the human race now clearly has regressed on knowledge, magic and other stuff for some reason.
The reasoning for the human race being regressed it's because the demon secretly influencing them so the human race became very weak and the demon could rule over them with ease, now that the humans are weak.

About the demon get slaughtered.. well, they came in the city and being like..
"Bitch! We're gonna take over your town! Now die you pathetic humans lot!"
basically invading asking for war, and of course.. the humans doing the obvious thing defend themselves.
Too bad for the demon they didn't realize the humans got an ace of their sleeves, which is the protagonist. So in self defense the protagonist who is from the human race, slaughter the invaders.

He can't exactly do anything dude, he's just have quite abundant of knowledge and experience from his past life, which makes him absurdly powerful even though he's still young in.

They're basically humans.. well, not wrong there.. clearly the demons got humanoid form but their not exactly a human now aren't they?

Well that is all I guess, hope it helps!

Users who are viewing this thread