The Strongest Savior's Second Chance - Vol. 3 Ch. 18

Is the consistent use of names instead of saying "you" a translation choice or some kind of cultural thing I'm unaware of? It's really off-putting in the last few chapters when they're having a conversation and constantly saying "Irene helped me" or "Irene's life is in danger" when they're directly talking to one another. The worst offender was this chapter and it was just really jarring. "I know Tina has grown a lot since then. I believe in Tina. Tina can believe in me." Is it just me that finds this weird? Oh well, end of rant.

And that does it, dropped. I cannot stand the whole with the power of my friends by my side thing. Its so lame and annoying. I was really hoping this would be good too cause it seemed like a good premise.

Contributor
That went from serious-faced survival story to shounen jump cheese in so few pages, I don't even.

...both are fine but this whiplash is too much. XD

Dex-chan lover
Damn, unironically using nakama powers. This villain will be destroyed on the atomic level

"the power of friendship" holy shit the memes really do write themselves. this level of UNironic cringe in 2020 in a manga. fucking lmao

Double-page supporter
Uhh, Mc-kun, this looks more like the power of compounded buffs. If you want to call that friendship power, well, you do you.

@cc12138030 it is indeed a cultural/linguistic thing - IIRC in Japanese using various forms of 'you' (ex. omae, teme) is more rude/informal compared to referring to someone by their name (i.e. so-and-so-san) even in a one on one conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread