The Strongest Wizard Becomes a Countryside Guardsman After Taking an Arrow to the Knee

How is it ok for that kid to sleep with him but not the other kid. Dammit Japan, neither kid is old enough to be considered an adult.

Dex-chan lover
@Scynix It's unspecified at the moment; the usage of s/he has largely been a placeholder that I've been trying my best to avoid using, but sometimes I slip up and write one anyway

@zStella I really appreciate you taking the time to answer. Thank you. =)
I figured that might be the case, but I'm pretty dense sometimes so I wasn't sure if maybe I missed it somewhere.
The wolf has shown traits of both masculinity and effeminity so it's really up in the air to me. Not that it really impacts the story or anything, ultimately.

Unless the wolf is going to suddenly get a humanoid form later lol we all know we have seen that plenty of times.

Contributor
This series keeps saying the protagonist is in his 30's while acting like he's in his 40's (in terms of everyone's perception of him). "Middle aged," it says XD

Not sure whether I should say that the author is keen to be aware of how 30 would be effectively older in a shorter-lived medieval society, or whether the person who wrote this is a young dumb-nut to whom 30 is, like, so old, gosh.

@Pokari the perception of "being middle-aged" is somewhat off in Japan, once you're 30 or older you're seen as middle-aged despite it still being rather young. This concept is often projected onto their behaviour too, not to mention that many japanese fiction includes a vast discrepancy between stated age and actual behaviour, just look at all the "childs" acting far too mature.

fcd.jpg

Why have I not seen anyone do this....

@Pokari if it's any explanation, I was hit by a car when I was 15 (hit & run). You may numerically be younger but knee damage almost never recovers, and a lot of the time surgery can make the issue worse. I was told it was 50/50 to repair my right knee and not suffer some kind of further damage. My knee pops out now if I twist it even slightly wrong, which leads to a whole mass of other problems, but ultimately Its still functional and only rarely hurts to a significant degree. The near instant nausea and dizzyness from it popping out is massively worse.

An arrow to the knee was only a humorous joke because an arrow to the knee would simulaneously be terrible, like being kneecapped, and the sheer absurd chance of it happening in a fantasy, as if dark elves were committing drivebys. It makes you seem much older.

At my age I FEEL much older than I actually am every time my knee aches.

Contributor
@Scynix:

Fair enough. I'm still no more sure whether I should chalk such considerations up to the author's insight or not, but it's an interesting lens for those aspects of the story.

Regardless, though, I'm sorry about your knee. (And doubly sorry if you're the sort to get upset by everyone immediately expressing condolence or commiseration over such things XD)

@Pokari no, I really appreciate it. It's sadly one of those things that if you haven't experienced it, it's difficult to properly explain what its like.

I agree we don't know where the author gets it from, but I can certainly confirm moments, like the MC, when my knee just plain hurts, badly. Years later and it never fully goes away. Coincidentally, hot water actually does help.

So to some degree the manga surprisingly gets a lot right.
Never seen any weird elf or demon girls myself though.

Users who are viewing this thread