The Summer You Were There - Vol. 6 Ch. 31 - To Kaori

Fed-Kun's army
At a loss for words. To the point where even typing anything feels hollow. Complete emptiness.

Like... I don't think I've ever felt THIS defeated before, I think this manga may have broken something in my brain.

Dex-chan lover
Well damn.... Shizuku didn't even realize the reply to the confession from the exhaustion. Next chapter gonna hit hard.
Oh my goodness I didn't realize too!!! She said "me too" I thought she ment she is done reading T^T now it's time to cry again

Thanks for the translation, we got a sweet kiss and a love confession. Now I'm off for a cry

Fed-Kun's army
Argh my fucking heart T.T I'm gonna need a full anime adaptation of this pls, so it can rip me to shreds all over again
I doubt it'll ever happen. Please, Japan, go ahead and prove me wrong. I'm absolutely begging you here. No one gets their goodies out or gets assaulted (Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete) and there's no endless string of unrealistic melodrama (Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau) to lure fans in. So it didn't have much of a chance to begin with. Fans want the excitement of the unbelievable and the unrealistic, not the mundane of the every day life. If there is a chance of an animé then we should probably get some kind of indication shortly after the final chapter drops. That's my guess. It could also be that Yuamu just doesn't want it animated. That is rare, but it does happen. Usually with well established creators that already made their money, Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis (literally, I believe, said "over my dead body" so after he died it got animated) and Kiyohiko Azuma's Yotsuba&! being famous examples of this.

Edit: I didn't read all the posts here (too many) so if anyone has any info, please let me know.

Last edited:
Group Leader
It could also be that Yuama just doesn't want it animated. That is rare, but it does happen.

Last month when AnimeJapan started accepting the nomination for the "Manga We Want To See Animated" ranking, Yuama-sensei did quoted AnimeJapan's post and ask us to help nominate. So, I'm sure that she's not against the animation ... and probably didn't hear any studio approach her regarding anime adaptation yet. It's a shame.

At this point I just hope more people get to know this series and get to read her manga, and maybe some day. Some day.

Dex-chan lover
I have completed 211 manga and dropped 17. I only rate a series once I complete or drop it and my average score is 5.35/10. Only 7 manga have gotten a 10/10 from me. This will be the 8th. So when I say something is a masterpiece I freaking mean it. Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata is a masterpiece. Why the actual f is this not getting animated?
Bro, my heart can't take an anime version. Just the trailer would've me bawling like a toddler 😭

Dex-chan lover
At least she got to read it as I'd been expecting it to be read to her as she clung to life, unconscious, before passing right after the end. Not that it lessens the impact or indeed the tears. Thanks for translating.

Fed-Kun's army
Bro, my heart can't take an anime version. Just the trailer would've me bawling like a toddler 😭
Back in the winter/spring of 05/06 I watched, consecutively, SaiKano, Hoshi no Koe, Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and freaking AIR. I don't remember in what order but I'll never forget how the streak ended. I'd already seen the first episodes of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and AIR before and decided to finish them now because I desperately needed some happy. Oh boy was I in for a surprise. It was 2006 at this point. I wasn't active on forums. Before someone makes fun of me because I should have known better with a Key title, the only other Key available in English at the time was the original Kanon animé (which I saw later that year along with 2006). None of Key's visual novels were available in English and the CLANNAD and Planetarian visual novels were just a year old. I had no way of knowing what I was getting myself into. It was a different time. After that my motto became "If I'm not fighting tears then it simply wasn't good enough". Then I watched season 1 of Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu. To finally get some relief. Still the absolute best string of animé I've ever watched. So, please, someone animate this so I can inject the pain directly into my veins.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Last month when AnimeJapan started accepting the nomination for the "Manga We Want To See Animated" ranking, Yuama-sensei did quoted AnimeJapan's post and ask us to help nominate. So, I'm sure that she's not against the animation ... and probably didn't hear any studio approach her regarding anime adaptation yet. It's a shame.

At this point I just hope more people get to know this series and get to read her manga, and maybe some day. Some day.
That's not a good sign. At all. If voting is still open and you have the link, you should post it here. Animé studios are not going to want to animate this unless talked into it. It completely lacks mainstream appeal. It's just not flashy enough. It's for a niche (but loyal) audience.

Group Leader
That's not a good sign. At all. If voting is still open and you have the link, you should post it here. Animé studios are not going to want to animate this unless talked into it. It completely lacks mainstream appeal. It's just not flashy enough. It's for a niche (but loyal) audience.

Yep...

The nomination period ended 2023/12/31, so it's already too late for that. However, on the form, it mentioned that the nomination submission isn't a popularity contest, so a lot of entries for a particular series doesn't increase its chance on being one of nominated titles. Here's hoping that someone in the selection committee would notice the submission of this title and put it on nomination list.

The fact that it got a Global Award in NEXT MANGA AWARD last year means that there's a lot of love and support to this title, especially from the foreign fans (yes, from us!) I'm sure that it being next to the top 3 titles on the home page might have brought some needed attention to the series, so hopefully the nomination process goes well, and we're included in the list.

If it gets nominated, I'll surely mention it in the release and in here like last time. Voting starts 2024/02/01, so now we just wait and pray ... 🤞

Double-page supporter
Why did she leave at the end like just stay by her side because you know she's getting worse and might not wake again
She was gonna be with her family next + Shizuku had to finish the novel, don't know how hospitals in Japan handle these situations but some just won't just let you stay as much as you want, most likely if you are a family member you would be able to but a friend? even when there is a high possibility of death that might be a no no.

Fed-Kun's army
Yep...

The nomination period ended 2023/12/31, so it's already too late for that. However, on the form, it mentioned that the nomination submission isn't a popularity contest, so a lot of entries for a particular series doesn't increase its chance on being one of nominated titles. Here's hoping that someone in the selection committee would notice the submission of this title and put it on nomination list.

The fact that it got a Global Award in NEXT MANGA AWARD last year means that there's a lot of love and support to this title, especially from the foreign fans (yes, from us!) I'm sure that it being next to the top 3 titles on the home page might have brought some needed attention to the series, so hopefully the nomination process goes well, and we're included in the list.

If it gets nominated, I'll surely mention it in the release and in here like last time. Voting starts 2024/02/01, so now we just wait and pray ... 🤞
I don't pay much attention to awards. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou was also award winning, highly rated, beloved by fans and usually regarded as the best mono no aware manga ever written. 2 OVA's, 7 episodes (I believe), animating random chapters and then nothing. Slice-of-life needs to be moé and/or contain some sort of fan service or it usually doesn't work as an animé.

Even if it's not strictly a popularity contest, studios need to see something they can market or they're not likely to take that risk. I know the interest in the west is growing. The ratings for Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata have been rising and so have the viewers (as people feel comfortable enough to vote on it now with just the epilogue left), but the viewer base on MAL and MangaDex is still far behind Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau, say, which was also selected from one of the previous polls (I believe). MAL even snubbed Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata from their "must read list of 2023" in favor of Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau. Which is a freaking travesty as Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata is easily the better title. But people want the endless, and often exaggerated melodrama that Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau provides over the down to earth (too real) drama of Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata (accurate depictions of bullying, grief, loss and parting with
NO hint at a sexual relationship and only ever kissing on the hand, once
). They want escape. However. . . any time a series suggests that a character own another character, even if it doesn't go the SV route I begin to tune out immediately and I've had Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau on hold ever since that very bs plot happened, and likely will until the manga finishes so I can judge if it's even worth finishing or not. But it's shit like that that gets greenlit because it sells. The deck is heavily stacked against a Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata animé.

But, again, please prove me wrong, Japan. I'm begging you. I'll be keeping my eye open on Feb 1 to do my part, so someone needs to post in on MangaDex, I'll likely be asleep, but the few animé friends I have refuse to watch or read anything unless it has fan service and/or shounen fight scenes. They won't help.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

pain, mayhaps even suffering. feels like im being prodded by the roman guard as i bleed out on a crucifix. yeah no plans just gonna sit here, crying my eyes out.

and the love was mutual too...

the way im crying actual tears. not even lightly. i've been crying for the past 10 minutes since i read that page. even though it literally said she was going to die. i cant take this anymore.

Fed-Kun's army
Bro...this is not I wish for goddaym it why why can't they just get to be happy Why when I start reading this many years ago I was hopeful hoping this series gonna be something like 2 souls trying to fix thing up but now its fixing but the wounds just get bigger instead at least its not the worst outcome she get to know her feeling and fulfilled her wishes but daym my tear is running.

Users who are viewing this thread