The Tales of Marielle Clarac - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
She was so M she ended even shockig the S

Edit: sideways Ashura Senkuu

Waaaaaaaa so he basically likes her because she is a weirdo?

Too bad this doesn't happen IRL.

I'm crying now 😭😭😭😭

lololol why won't someone like this exists irl ( it probably does but not happened to me 🤧 )

i don't know why but ikemen fell from the chair because of nightmare cheers me up
thank you Simeon

esp

I can definitely see why people would pick at Simeon's lines here, about her not thinking of her own happiness. It probably is a bit of wishful thinking on his part because he's so interested.

That said, he's not wrong. Chapter one it has her looking wistful in the middle of a fantasy from a novel, and mentions that she's had someone take a look at her and walk out. Chapter two basically had assuming it'd be a loveless marriage and accepting that. I do think she wants a crazy romance but has some self-esteem issues. She does a great job of turning her insecurity into strength with the deliberately plain social camouflage.

I think people are misinterpreting what Simon means about her never trying to get her own happiness. He knows Marielle doesn't need to get married to be happy. which is why he had that nightmare of her leaving him. The thing is Marielle is still a nobel woman so their is always high chance of her ending up in an arranged political marriage. Since she has to maintain her family's honor. Unless the guy has a bad reputation there is little reason for her to refuse an engagement proposal.
Like to give an example the first chapter is also the first time Marielle and Simon meet look how quickly she accepted his proposal because of his stunning reputation.
Since nobels of this country seem stiff and superficial she will most likely have to give up all her hobbies after getting married. Which is why she freaked out when Simon mentioned her pen name at the Tea Party. Basically even though it is a big part of Marielle personality her happiness of writing novels is very temporary and a high chance of her sacrifice it to please her husband.

Simon knows as a fan of her novels he's the only guy she can marry and possibly keep her Hobbies. But he also knows that doesn't guarantee she will fall in love with him and be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread