The Thorn That Pierces Me - Ch. 5

so why is he acting like that chastity promise is something big when he already breaked like the most important vow???? boy i see your mind is a mess rn💀

This is a mess. Several flashbacks of different length without clear boundaries already made the start bumpy but now there are 2 Chapters of individual backstory in a weird/unnatural narative.
The FL has not spoken a single word in present time which makes her seem daft (I mean seriously even if you know they don't understand you, showing that you speak a different language and trying to communicate SOMETHING would be helpful).
The ML called her "foreigner" in the very beginning but doesn't realize she speaks a different language for sure, come on?
And given he was already kicked out and never really was attached to the church it makes no sense why he is so hung up on that oath to mention it several times (all in all it seems like almost everything gets repeated over and over, we got it the first time thank you, moving on)
What is his stepmother going to do afterwards, just kicking him out is not going to solve the inheritance issue - a lackluster, cliched and totally not thought through backstory. Same for FL if her mom got pregnant against her will from a one night stand there exists something called abortion and the question plus answer about the dad also seem completely surreal.

Well this may come off as really harsh after all, but I was really expecting more of the story given the intro

Fed-Kun's army
fuck that family
although this sound bad i hope that family women can't be the heir because....screw them what a bunch of bitches .-.

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck is with this author. The FMC is moronic and then mute for some reason, MMC makes no f'n sense with the he kills a dude and then gets a bounty. You need to fucking explain why he killed the dude, since he wouldn't do it for no god damn reason. Now you just look at him like the stupidest tool in the shed.

Name : baek hee su
Streght : ???
Stamina : ???
Magic : ???
Speed : ???
Skill
Charm ( S ) , seductive ( A ), mute ( A )
Tittle :
The one who from another world

@Indigo9

The manhwa rushed it... the novel explained it in way more detail

FL became mute from a horrible trauma she experienced before she met ML. She literally couldnt speak. ML still talked to her out of reflexes. FL was able to understand simple vocab later on as she kept hearing them. (Like food ,water , sleep, etc)

ML commited murder to save others. He shouldnt even feel so guilty about it cause the man he killed deserved it. But ML lived his whole life devoted to his belief, he couldnt let go of it that soon
.(the murder only happened about 2 months ago) and the lust he felt was purely an issue of self control(which he had full contorl over it before), so it made sense why he was so shaken by the change.
As for the inheritence issue. The step mom is hoping her daughters can produce a son so her grandson would eventually inherit the title.(skipping MLs generation) But I gotta say the manhwa didnt make much sense here either.
Lastly, FL's "shouldnt have been born" issue. There are many cases of this in real life too. Some ppl either dont have the money for the surgery or thinks its wrong to do it at first and didnt think it through, that they couldnt handle it once the baby is here.

Manhwa tried to drop breadcumbs without going to details in the beginning so it can go back to focus on current development I think...(explaining the whole past take too many chapters) its a bet they are taking.

Users who are viewing this thread