The Thorn That Pierces Me - Ch. 9

She’s so good at reading body language but sucks at context clues lmfao. So selective.

I hope she can learn their language soon.. maybe he will teach her for a while...

And don't be mad to our FL guys.. she's in desperate situation right now. And yeah, she really took advantage that he is a "Virgin", but in order to survive, she needs to do everything.... She don't know their language, culture, no acquaintance that she know of. That's understandable... You can't say she look stupid, just be glad that you understand what the characters says because of the bubble dialogue.. yiiisshhh guys.... come on...

Not understand the language was too hard mode, remind me of Kanata Kara, but that story the male lead took mc with him.

She's kind of annoying. Why would you think anyone wouldn't get irritated if you've snatched their belongings and then refuse to give them back. Plus, could she stop falling down every 5 minutes like an idiot damsel in distress? 😆

Fed-Kun's army
okay, i feel bad for her and her backstory, but for fuck’s sakes, woman! Stop being so fucking annoying!

It seems like you all have read way too many isekai manhwa/manga, and don't grasp the reality behind the situations our FL are in anymore...
I know that these stories are fiction, but for a moment just try to imagine yourselves in her position: suddenly in another world, all alone, you don't understand anything about the situation this world is (apart from the zombies, and even here I think she was able to know about them in the worst way ever), you don't understand the language... what can you do?? Survive! When you try to survive you are usually desperate, nothing more and nothing less
We are all fed isekai stories where our FL became a lady/someone important/even a maid but in a fricking castle (not a nobody in a zombie land)! These FL are well fed up, brand new clothes, they surely have at least someone who they can rely on OR have read the novels so they basically know everything ahah!! Plus they seem to adapt to the situation the next day, it's something that I always found annoying.. especially for Korean women who surely does not know a medieval context (I'm Italian and I know what I'm talking about, their history and our history are nothing like similar)

So yeah, instead of complaining about how she is not suddenly able to do the right thing try to put a little bit of reality in this setting (even though its' fiction)

@nathsschan I agree to a point. In some ways she's a more realistic character than we usually see. I like how there's a reason for their miscommunication, and I understand it, but why is she just mute? Humans are social animals, he's been talking to her with words she should vaguely understand by now. Eat. Stop. Give.

Gestures are 99% universal, yet she hasn't pointed at herself and said her name or repeated anything he's said trying to decode meaning. It's a little strange since it's human nature to want to understand and communicate. She just stays silent and smiles. Even if she were to speak Korean at him I would feel less weird with the situation. Curse when she falls, say thank you after getting food, say no when he tries to take the bag. None of this actually relies on you knowing the other person's language to understand them, but then you're not some silent weirdo. She's bold enough to make moves on him so I don't buy that she's too scared of him to say a single thing.

I'm just worried that in 20 chapters or so she's going to somehow be completely fluent and it'll make no sense to me.

she knows nothing what he speak, trying so hard to survive, and wont let go the bag + he's trying to help but she wont let go the bag plus frustrated how to make her understand, what a great miscommunication~
Good job author~ cant wait how our fl finally understand the language, i hope she wont stay mute till the end ahahah

uh it's not like shes mute or anything..... even if theres a border because of the language differences she can still try to speak or make gestures...

@UuulonnyuuU well
she's experiencing PTSD so even if there's language barrier, she's still unable to speak so in a way, she's mute until then.

@B0R3DOM
I've read the first 20 chapters. You are gonna see all the thi ha that have happened her, poor Girl. No wonder she's mute

@crimsonfeast
YES! Hands down the most unique and interesting aspect of the story. THE ANGST resulted from the micommuncation and misunderstandings are completely understandable.
Unlike so many unnecessary ones out that makes you feel childish and immature.
Both Fl and Ml are trying their hardest to resolve these seriously challenging angsty situations

Users who are viewing this thread