The Twins' Circumstances

Double-page supporter
I'm among the curious bunch and I think I agree with @jazz9.

My thoughts exactly. They lived together and were raised together as siblings, reason why I couldn't really get behind their romance.
And Mika is actually a more interesting character than FMC. Shame

For anybody defending that this isn't incest all of you guys deserve JAIL .
They fell in love when they thought they were blood related siblings and when your parent tells you that your sibling is adopted the first thing that comes to mind is "oh yeah I can bone my sibling now".
They grew up as siblings and they still fell in love? 🤢
Ya'll and these characters need some serious phycological evaluation if yall ship this cause I can't omg-

Set aside the blood related thing, this is just some cute and cliche shojo stuff. Teribbly weak heroine that needs protected by the hero. Nothing new.

I didn't sy that it's bad. Just nothing worth the hype. Nice art tho

@Pumpmochi
Ikr? It's definitely incest. I literally had to turn off my brain, but the story, and characters are so cute.

I'm okay as long as they keep it entirely platonic, and added plus it's a manga not rl.

Really says a lot about the standard for a 'good' shoujo manga

idk whats up w all the hate, they find out the first chap they're not bloodrelated (see my expanded note) and honestly everything is cute & sweet af

sure it's nothing particularly original, but that doesn't mean it's not good

to follow up on the "they grew up like siblings thus its gross" argument I'm seeing a lot

okay what is the difference between this and growing up with your childhood neighbour who spends most of his time in your house growing up and you end up sweethearts?

imho the biggest problem with incest is the gene situation, which is why psychologically and sociologically we're programmed to despise incest. however, if you think about it logically, I honestly don't see why else it's a problem. It's like the upgraded version of friends to lovers; you see everything in the most imperfect state about the other person and yet you still fall in love.

idk, maybe I can only say this because I didn't grow up w a sibling my age. I'm sure for most people here the thought of falling in love w their sibling is gross, and the same is true for me. however, if that's not the case for some people and if their situation actually allows it (like here), then I don't see a problem.

And most importantly, this is a fictional story lmao that is cute & sweet af

Dex-chan lover
So upsetting that this exists.

“Totally not incest 😉“ is just a workaround.

Japan at its japanest.

Imagine this being a man finding out his child was from an affair. No blood relation there either.

Normalisation of incest is bad for society.

Example:
Jews married their cousins for a couple millennia and now I have like six or so genetic mutations.

People argue that cousins aren’t related close enough for it to be an issue. Well, now all Ashkenazi Jews are, genetically, fifth cousins at the most distant.

I love my heritage in so many ways, but this practice, going back to biblical times, is not one of them. Jacob and his wives were cousins. And so it began...

Aaaanyway. Don’t date your relatives.

sweetie basically ur saying that if a mum adopted a child and when the chold grew up and he found out they aint related he crushed on hermthat aint right, thats incest because their relationship was that of mother-child. same with this, the LITERALLY grew up KNOWING AND BELIEVING they were siblings so thats fucked up. ur prolly just into incest or st coz this aint st to defend

There's nothing wrong with liking incest manga or incest-like manga/comics. I love this manga for the art style but also because of the amazing story so far. Personally, I don't think much about incest in manga as long as there is a certain line they don't cross. There is an obvious difference between manga and the real world. Of course incest is quite disgusting in the real world with real humans, but IMO I don't mind it if it's in manga. You can disagree and hate incest IRL, but I don't see why you would hate against a manga where it's not even fully incest. Not only that, they're adorable and reading about them is just so heart-warming. Anyways, everyone is allowed to have an opinion. This is my opinion.

Aggregator gang
I stan the art style
I don't actually wanna read it since even if they may not be blood-related it's still weird

Dex-chan lover
@UhTriHawrd
Normalisation.

See also: lolicon/shotacon.

People, generally stupid or awful people, will start thinking there’s a way to do that IRL that’s ok.

There are plenty of people that argue that already! Whole organisations dedicated to it. Don’t need to add to it.

Japan has a need for women’s only train cars because of the prevalence of people sexually assaulting them in public.

Media reinforcing bad attitudes and behaviours affects society.

I’ve seen plenty of people arguing that cousins should not be taboo, because the genetic risks are really low. Well, not low enough if that goes on long enough.
See my comment below about Ashkenazim and all the numerous mutations I’ve inherited, which are far from the worst.

Don’t normalise incest.

Users who are viewing this thread