The Tyrant's Guardian Is an Evil Witch

cnd

@Pokari Yes. It's annoying. I'd get it if this was some new development that cought people by surprise out of the blue, but it's not. It really should have been obvious what the premise of this webtoon was. Yet we have people that somehow failed to use their brains complaining every chance they get. One would think that y'all would develop a discerning eye for this trope at some point or another, but judging by how many people whine about how there's another webtoon like this and they're mad bc it's borderline incest yada yada yada, that won't happen anytime soon.

Double-page supporter
What is this..? Persona 3..? Whenever there's a full moon... Everything goes to sh1t...

Uggh like 20 chapters of this snot nosed brat and he really should have had a time skip 15 chapters ago. I'm so passed ready for him to grow the eff up, because it's actually become gross at this point. It's basically repulsive at this point that there's an obvious romantic relationship in the future. Tita is like Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequels, where no human adult woman would actually tap that. Whining and tantrums are literally infantile behaviors and mature adult women don't ever find that attractive...at all. It is biologically hard wired.
If she forgot about Tita for like 15 years it would be fine that he shows up again and is like "hey bb whatchu doin'" and that wouldn't be gross, but she is genuinely mothering this child, worrying about him all the time, dealing with his ACTUAL PUBERTY, and it's inconceivable (or extremely disturbing) that she would ever see this kid as a potential romantic partner in the future. So much NOPE.
Dropping this at chapter 30 because I'll actually barf if I have to watch her fall in love with the CHILD SHE RAISED. noooooooooooooooo

Contributor
@cnd:

By that same logic, if you find the comments on these series predictably annoying, you should just avoid them, and not complain about them. (I don't endorse that line of reasoning. Keeping one's nose out of everything that has a chance of annoying us is no way to live.)

I would propose to you that complaining about things that one doesn't like, especially the ones one runs into repeatedly, is totally normal human behavior, and not even particularly a design flaw thereof.

(If you find the behavior fundamentally mystifying from a logical perspective, I would point out that in this case many of the people complaining are seeking commiseration. It's totally reasonable social behaviour. And as the comments are not separated into separate pools for those who love and hate the series or any aspects thereof; we're all in one place together. Both belong.)

ohohoho....OHOHOHOHO....this...now this.....is good. PLEASE GIVE ME MORE BEAUTIFUL MYSTICAL COLD AND COMMANDING SECRETLY WARM-HEARTED AND LONELY ICE WITCH AND HER YOUNG CHARGE FALLING IN LOVE (WITH TIME!!!)....

Bruh, she didn't groom him or anything. He is 14 and it's normal to have a crush and she didnt do anything to him.

I binge read this comic bec the fl is my type.
A little disappointed that she and the boy are gonna be getting together (forgot heteronormativity is the standard of rl smh lmao). ... I feel sorry for Rappele and Edmund.

But I suppose story wise that would or should serve as good drama- he falls in love w her as he grows up and tries to get her to see him as an adult/lover meanwhile she has this conflict bec dude, she suffered him growing through puberty.

... It is troublesome bec if u switch the sexes around you know that that’s NOT a good thing. But somehow bec of the sexes of the chars now that somehow makes it ok? I believe someone may have commented abt double standards earlier and that’s valid.

... This would be less troublesome if he only lived w her briefly AND then got to grow up somewhere else and then comes back for her after knowing the world as an adult. Though that may still be a thing in this comic?

Also, on the flip-side something doesn’t sit right with me about her, just, being stuck with him and them being endgame. At this point they both feel stunted.

We are 31 chapters in and y'all are STILL complaining about the plot. At this point just drop the story cause i swear some of y'all are just coming back to talk about how much y'all dislike it.

It's all cute so far, but as other comments mentioned already- IT'S unsettling to have this immortal end up with the dude she basically raised. Thank god that anxiety is kinda relieved (for me at least), since FL doesn't come off as a motherly figure and isn't concerned with matters of love what so ever. I'd say she treats the ML more like a friend than anything else? She is legit just trying to avoid their depressing future. Also, it's good that the author shows how different the mentality of an immortal is. Even if the genders were reversed I don't think I'd change my mind, but in any way it is still discomforting. Would be been safer to keep their love on the more familial pg side, but depending on how carefully this is executed and what else happens, I think, I could end up not hating it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread