The Undead Lord of the Palace of Darkness - Vol. 1 Ch. 6.5

Aaa what a great Christmas present! I love this manga so much! I relate somewhere to her childhood, if only disabilities in real life meant you had magic.

Dex-chan lover
uuuhhhh......so MC was most likely full of holy power and his family never found out, therefore he died and returned as super zombie...

I'm guessing the holy order is keeping the information about their knights being weaklings before getting the special training a secret from the general public because necromancers could easily slay them in that state, they probably have informants going around place to place to investigate about people with a misterious chronic disease.

Is a bit stupid because that means only peple in good families can survive long enough for the knights to get to them, given the medieval setting a peasant would die because their family would be unable or unwanting to support them, peasants with holy powers are fucked.

Dex-chan lover
Wonder if she'll end up becoming a long term supporting character or if this is just the kinda thing some authors do building up a character before offing 'em. She seems alright, I guess.

Anyways, good point VooXoo about the MC, I didn't make that connection myself but it does seem to explain why he was both so weak and also now strong instead of it being an arbitrary thing. Also definitely interesting how having the positive energy is a shit deal for probably the majority of those that get it. Hah, 'blessing'.

Wonder if dying just inverts all the positive energy into negative, or whether there'd be a mix of both or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
so our boy has positive energy godbuff too the?

Maybe he too had a "Blessing" and a strong one. Maybe even the family knew of it, but by the time they knew they already had another plans for succession and such, so they just let him die in agony. (They couldn't afford to let him go, get strong and come back to take over the family, maybe?)

Dex-chan lover
Positive energy turned negative, or some mutant mix of both, I personally hope it's the former, I'm a bit tired of symbolic hybrids.

Double-page supporter
I actually think End probably had the opposite problem. If there's Positive Energy and it can build up in someone naturally, why can't the same happen with Negative Energy? We see what appears to be some sort of Possessed Child in this chapter.

Keep in mind that Senri and End's conditions aren't perfectly the same. Senri was weak and bedridden, but she never mentions being in physical pain, while End was apparently in Agony 24/7 due to his 'disease'. It's possible that End had the same condition but just more of it so he had worse symptoms, but I think its more likely that there's a Negative Energy that Necromancer's draw their power from and that was what he had, either naturally or because someone was trying to kill him to take his inheritance.

This could also explain why he got pulled into his new Body. Perhaps when he died, the Negative Energy he had drifted back to the Negative Energy Miasma or whatever it is that Necromancer's draw power from, and it pulled his Soul with it. So then when Necrodude drew from this pool to crate his new Undead, it pulled End's Soul with it.

This would also explain why End never got picked up by the Holy Order when he had it, even though the first chapter indicates he was getting visits from White Mages. I mean if Senri, who was clearly some Peasant Girl based on the garb of her parents in this chapter could get someone to figure out what was going on with her then surely mister Noble who gets top White Mages would get found out too. Though I suppose that could be explained by an angry claimant bribing the White Mages to not report it.

@JCVocke sorry but no. The manga doesn't do a good job of explaining it but "negative energy" isn't actually energy at all. It is a void, an absence of lifeforce. It's weird how the author described it but basically it is called "negative energy" because it exists on the opposite side of the spectrum from "positive energy." It's easier if you think of it as the knights having their "blessing" and "positive energy" is a measurement of how strong the blessing is. Likewise undead have their "curse" and "negative energy" is a measurement of how strong the curse is.

Dex-chan lover
This is the same with the "consuming", in a world where magic is real how come people don't know about it? Especially when at times people with amazing talent in it are born and die without realizing that talent because of lack of information?

@ ProfStryker
So negative energy is lack of energy and not anti-energy?

How can one use "nothing" like energy and how does one have greater amounts of "nothing"?

Users who are viewing this thread