The Vampire - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
"Based on the song Vampire by DECO*27". Huh. Didn't know the song was about a Vampire with a reverse Harem that is now getting hit on every 2 chapters. Think the only thing this took from the song is Miku being a Vampire, lmao?

Also, where the f is this going? Why is she giga complimenting and swooning for that rando? MC can't even be jealous since she did the bare minimum/just start to make him fall for her. Author..?? What is the point in any of that apart from making her look easy and a liar (about being head over heals for MC)

These "Based on song X" manga fall flat 90% of the time it seems. Can confidently say after this chapter that this is one of the worse ones, hmm.

Dex-chan lover
I had forgotten all about this manga!

Then I remembered why.
These "Based on song X" manga fall flat 90% of the time it seems. Can confidently say after this chapter that this is one of the worse ones, hmm.
There's more than one? :questionblob:

Dex-chan lover
"Based on the song Vampire by DECO*27". Huh. Didn't know the song was about a Vampire with a reverse Harem that is now getting hit on every 2 chapters. Think the only thing this took from the song is Miku being a Vampire, lmao?

Also, where the f is this going? Why is she giga complimenting and swooning for that rando? MC can't even be jealous since she did the bare minimum/just start to make him fall for her. Author..?? What is the point in any of that apart from making her look easy and a liar (about being head over heals for MC)

the manga adaptations that get multiple chapters versus one shots do tend to take liberties with the story, tho be cool to see more of the chara songs like Villain, and there was one Dokuzu song but it hasn't been translated

Dex-chan lover
I had forgotten all about this manga!

Then I remembered why.

There's more than one? :questionblob:
Great ones for example are "Kagerou Daze" and "Goodbye Declaration". Kagerou Daze is waaay more fleshed out with many songs so it clearly works better. But even Goodbye Declaration, which is one hugely popular song like here, managed to not ruin the premise by introducing original characters. It is translated up to chapter 9 and infinitely better.
We can't know just how involved the artists themselves really are but I think, when comparing "The Vampire" to "Goodbye Declaration", it is clear that one was more invested in pushing out a good product.

Little rant about this chapter and its implications
There are many manga based on (vocaloid-)songs. It is just as EchoGirl wrote, the adaptions that ain't one-shots can go anywhere since they only have that little bit of story to go off of. But that is the problem. They easily end up being incoherent story/writing-wise like here with original characters that just are not enjoyable.
Think about it. He is a stranger. What does him saving her all white knight add? What does the super close selfie add? He said he has no followers, why would she bother? (she 1minute before said "you must have many followers, let's exchange IDs") It all stops making sense right here.
Also, Jealousy can't happen yet. So he can't even be a tool. Why did the author have her enter the venue with MC to then just leave him alone all day? And even if it is MCs old band mate- why did she have to swoon for him this heavily? A compliment is okay. Thinking how handsome she find his face 2 times and then telling him face to face and spamming more compliments is a bit weird considering she was just with her crush (well, she did forget about him for most of the time in the venue it seems?)
I don't want to see the Miku-inspired Vamp-chan flirt up a stranger, after all day long running from MC which is the exact opposite of what this whole manga should be about (loved ch1 last panel), this is TOO MUCH artistic freedom.
I can imagine the ways this will be going after seeing that "5k follows for the photo with the hot guy!?". And it will most probably be even worse, sadly. Feels like this went past the target and is now some original Shoujo(+ possibly reverse Harem with the first dude that was teased)

Dex-chan lover
Think about it. He is a stranger. What does him saving her all white knight add?
I'm just wondering how the hell she got on stage. She's dizzy, so I doubt she actually hopped on. The story doesn't actually suggest she did. The only option left is the guy actually stopped the entire show to yank a single woman onto the stage by the arm. I mean, it said she reached out, but .... really? :questionblob:

He said he has no followers, why would she bother? (she 1minute before said "you must have many followers, let's exchange IDs") It all stops making sense right here.
She does have to advertise the place now, so taking a picture with an actual performer there makes sense.
And even if it is MCs old band mate- why did she have to swoon for him this heavily? A compliment is okay. Thinking how handsome she find his face 2 times and then telling him face to face and spamming more compliments is a bit weird considering she was just with her crush (well, she did forget about him for most of the time in the venue it seems?)
Yeah, I was ok with her giving the one or two- especially since this started off as a move to better advertise the venue, and grow her own count. But the longer it went on, the more she piled it on, not just to his face (Which could be laughed off as a bit of brown nosing), but in her head too. And it just. Didn't. Stop.

Not to mention, last chapter, she also formed an impression of him, and it was decidedly "I mean, he's good looking and all... but my crush is better!"
I don't want to see the Miku-inspired Vamp-chan flirt up a stranger, after all day long running from MC which is the exact opposite of what this whole manga should be about (loved ch1 last panel), this is TOO MUCH artistic freedom.
I can imagine the ways this will be going after seeing that "5k follows for the photo with the hot guy!?". And it will most probably be even worse, sadly. Feels like this went past the target and is now some original Shoujo(+ possibly reverse Harem with the first dude that was teased)
If this wasn't Japanese, I'd be convinced the author is a woman, and wants us to think men and women can just be friends, even when the girl spends basically their entire first interaction sucking the guy's metaphorical dick.

Looking back on the first few chapters, I have to agree: This took a turn and a half this chapter, and It's probably going to get worse from now on. Which is saying something, since this was already not fantastic to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread