The Villainess Flips the Script! - Ch. 97

Dex-chan lover
giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
Money laundering & theft, and cooking books take time fellas... Given that we need plot development this obviously won't be the case, but 10 days to gather enough valuables to bribe a prince, and a powerful one at that don't seem too long of a time

Supporter
I'm always a little thrown by the oddly anachronistic touches in this . . . things like the billiards table in the background, which feels like it would fit the character of the setting much better if it was set up for snooker than for pool . . .

Supporter
Also, Burkenlais is just so shady . . . and for someone who seems to be trying to set himself up as a great mastermind, he's got some serious blind spots. If Patrick is as well known for his integrity as Judith suggested then it should have been fairly clear that something fishy was going on with this, particularly given the source is someone who's now got an association with Judith.

He's clearly not an idiot - after all, he did manage to set up the initial thing with the fake heir and so forth, and the main reason that didn't end up being a disaster for Judith is that she had advance knowledge of it. But Judith would never have been able to use that advance knowledge if she hadn't been able to establish strong relationships with the people around her, and then leverage those relationships to build up her defenses. After seeing all that Burkenlais really should have recognised that Judith isn't a threat to his planning simply by being there, she's an actively engaged and very capable antagonist - sending a spy into her camp is sane, though risky as hell; taking on a volunteer as a spy and then not treating that person as a likely double agent is just nuts.

I'm not sure yet if this is just his character flaws being exposed, or if it's flaws in the writing . . . .

Aggregator gang
Plots are going too well...I wait the other Shoe to Drop into the plans and the Chaos to begin

Users who are viewing this thread