The Villainess Is a Marionette - Vol. 1 Ch. 21

okay but can someone tell me why 3 groups are working on this? it's just kinda annoying when i think there's a new chapter but it's the same one all over again by a different group-

plus i hope im not the only one totally simping for Rezef....

Ohh there are definitely minor deviations from the novel (like the inclusion of baston in the scene in the prev chap, the less emphasis on kayena choking herself harder than rezef did which freaked him out) but the part, "lindberg (...) who forced the emperor (...)" is a significant deviation. I don't know if it's the translations or the manhwa adaptation, but it wasn't Lady Lindbergh who forced the emperor to give Heinrich the right to succeed the throne. More like it should be "the emperor was forced to give Heinrich the right to succeed the throne because of Lady Lindbergh".

Kathryn is not a schemer as far as I've read in the translated novel (chap 100). It was a scheme by Heinrich, and the emperor adored Kathryn and their son Ethel, and Heinrich was exploiting the circumstances. I think this is important to point out and clarify since Lindbergh and beybiboi Ethel are important characters who should be appearing in the coming chaps.

But thanks for the awesome translations as always and for sharing with usss 😍😘

-----
@jiisoo oh no, no need to apologize! I am sincerely a fan of all your translations even in other projects! 💖 and i happen to love a woman named jisoo 🐢🐰 kekek 💜🤭 thank you so much for taking time to reply! 💕 I dunno how the replies work so im just editing here haha 😘🥰

Group Leader
@fenette Hello! I just wanted to clarify because it’s completely my fault that my translation wasn’t able to convey the meaning properly.
By “because of Lady Lindbergh”, what I really meant was because she is someone who is so cherished by the emperor, her being held hostage forced him to give Heinrich what he wanted, which in this case, was the right to succeed the throne.
Hope this clears things up & again I apologize for causing confusion!

I feel like Rezef is experiencing/will experience incest feelings for his sister, but maybe it's just me.

Contributor
@Tori-chan:

That's definitely a possible way to read it—and some of the way their relationship is framed definitely echos the way certain authors like to dramatize "forbidden relationships". It's definitely at least suspicious.

On the other hand it seems roughly equally-likely to me that a lot of that appearance is just an inevitable byproduct of depicting an unhealthy, destructive and self-destructive relationship in which he is in turn both emotionally dependant upon the affection of, and abusively dismissive of the full personhood of (as in the titular "marionette"), his sister.

(And also, it's quite possible it's canonically the latter, but with the author or artist being inclined to roll out some fan-service for readers that are positively inclined to the former notion, complicating things.)

Dex-chan lover
Normally, I find villainess mc’s to be pretty enough, but not really “most beautiful woman in the world” class. Kayena a is an exception, because goddamn she’s gorgeous.

@Akinya because the groups want to and they can do it if they choose to.

Just pick the version you like, and stick with it. Then hope that that's the group that stays.

prince: *chokes her*
Kayena: *lets herself be choked*
prince: "omg are you out of your mind??!!??!"

me, reading this shit: ˊ_>ˋ

I kinda see Rezef as an abused puppy -- he's defensive and bites anyone before they can get close as a means to protect himself (because he's only known abuse) and has closed himself off from affection. But if you approach this dog and slowly ease your affection into his heart then he'll open up and become the most loyal to you.

Tbh it's gonna be hard for him to have a healthy relationship with his sis cuz it's been such a long time since they've been that way...but I have hope that we'll see a good sibling bond uwuu
But I could also be completely wrong lol

Thanks you so much again, illiterate b*tches!! Y'all really come thru with the quality translations, sfx, and scans. Take care of yourselves!!♡

thanks for translating!

Things has been going steadily interesting. ngl, i kinda double check for incest tag coz rezef's obsessive attitude.

that being said, i hope they will hv good sibling relationship.

i like your translations best. it doesn't give me a headache from all the confusing stuff 😂

that aside, my heart goes out to these siblings :( hope they fare better this time around

I love the fl. Even though she was betrayed and abandoned in the original she doesn't take generic revenge plot. Instead she cares for her brother and tries to change him because she can relate to why he became like that. She helps him but at the same time doesn't get used. It shows that she truly cares about him.

this is the best translation by far, thank you so much for all your efforts! c:

I love their fucked up relationship. Truly 2 people who simply lacked affection. I love that she is willing to give him another chance and be the loving family member they both lacked. Very interesting to see someone who acknowledges but forgives the situations of her past life.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn, I squealed at Rezef's top! That's a very nice top, I must say.
Thank you for your scanlations <3!!!

Users who are viewing this thread