The Villainess Is a Marionette - Vol. 1 Ch. 21

Thank God you guys I tried reading the other scan groups ch21 and the dialogue made no sense
For what was going on

I've only read your group's scans. But everyone claiming any of the other groups translation is more cohesive is a shill lol. Both of them made no sense in Ch21 and had glaring grammatical errors. Yikes

This is the first chapter where I read the other two groups' translations first, and now I'm confused because certain parts come across completely differently here but are similar in the other two groups' translations. In the other two uploads, Cayena convinced Rezef that having authority over the ladies in waiting was just something to pacify him into thinking he had some power, and that now he can replace it with some real authority. That made sense to me. But in this version, it's totally different. I don't know which one is accurate.

There are some other parts that also feel suspicious, but this exchange is the main concern for me.

Dex-chan lover
@genona Read illiterate Bitches if you can. If you compare previous chapters, theirs is the best.

Aggregator gang
The translation here was fine until the last part. I had to read the other group to make sense of it.

Hmm. I was very confused with the translation in this chapter. It seems that may be the case with the majority of the readers as seen in the comments...

While grammatically i understood this version of the chapter better than the other group's version, i think the meaning of the translation in this version (especially in the last bits) was kind of... distorted? Because I remember this part in the novel, and it was supposed to be a conversation where Cayena persuaded Rezef into believing that the right over ladies-in-waiting is just 'empty' power meant to give him the illusion of having influence, and telling him to CONVINCE count Hamel to adopt Catherine as a foster daughter, NOT that she's already his foster daughter. That's two completely different things. Also, isn't Xenon supposed to be Zenon?

thank you APS. i agree that ch 21 was confusing but i also know that it’s not an easy process. things get lost in translation.

saying that another groups entire work is better compared to this is just bitchy especially when it’s in this comment section. keep that to yourself. why are you even here if you read it already? kinda weird ngl.

since the start parody has been uploading quality chapters FIRST for all of us to enjoy. there have been few grammatical or spelling errors that get corrected. this is the first time there was been an error in important dialogue. it’s not something to write APS off for especially after you all happily enjoyed their faster releases. thank you to everyone who respectfully told APS that the end of ch 21 was confusing, and thanks for recommending where to read it for clarity. but down right “read illiterate if u compare earlier chapters theirs is better” go somewhere else with that bs. it starts drama and it makes the people who worked hard to deliver quality work feel bad and unmotivated. it’s not every day open your mouth and share your opinion. some times it helps to just shut up. even if the end wasn’t perfect parody does a great job at interpreting the translation and making it flow naturally in english in a way that keeps the noble tone, yet isn’t stuffy, is short, concise, and keeps the details and point of the text. i prefer their way of translating over the other two, only based on ch 21 bc i haven’t read the others. it’s great up until cayena says “i haven’t told you this before but i’ll make you emperor” bc she has told him that before. other suggestions saturdaynaps explained below.

Considering the translations of their other projects, I don't know if I should trust the context of this now. It seem distorted and I'm confused as well.

But I still like the quality! Thank you so much for your hard work.

This chapter isn’t like the previous translations of APS. The previous translations were easier to understand and was of better quality so i always wait for APS to upload. This chapter is kinda off tho. Nevertheless, Thank you for your hard work! ☺️

What :00? English is not my first language but even so i understand this chapter well :eek:?, tysm 4 the translation!!!

Users who are viewing this thread