The Villainess Is a Marionette - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Many important political explanations are missing, they weren't even that long if a remember

Fed-Kun's army
@rararraa Thanks for the translations. If your group decides to do any other villainess isekais in the future, I recommend consulting a list of addresses for noble titles to make sure you're using the appropriate ones. It was jarring to see Cayena referred to as the Empress (a title for the wife of the current ruler, not his daughters), "Your Majesty" (a title for the current ruler, not his heirs), and "Your Grace" (a title for a duke and their current heir). Using the wrong form of address also makes it more difficult to tell which character is being referred to, creating extra ambiguity.

Dex-chan lover
It's somehow offputting how she refers to herself as "I" in her past since she is reincarnated.

guys don't worry
its not incest, rezef just becomes a siscon😉😉and raphael who was rejecting her advances starts to want her because of her personality switch and disinterest in him😒😒, unfortunately they become a couple, and due to a stroke of luck and totally not plot our bby becomes empress🤩🤩

@whocares i think cayena called razef 'your majesty' to show she supported him becoming emperor even though their father was still alive, other than that, its cool you know so much about noble titles! even though i read so many manhwas none of them sink in cry

Fed-Kun's army
@lochana You're right, that instance was plausibly correct. I'd have to see the raws (and know more about Korean conventions for noble titles 😅) to know for sure whether the author intended for Cayena to emphasize her support for Razef or if that connotation was added in by the translators.

Before, I was actually referring to her servant Vera's speech on page 5. She uses "her majesty" to refer to Cayena in her first thought bubble, and "your majesty" to refer to Cayena in a speech bubble later on, neither of which is appropriate for Cayena when she isn't the current ruler and there's no reason for Vera to express support for her becoming the next one.

I was confused why the culprit is shouting about the empress but I think it should be princess? (cayena) instead

thank you for the translation

Users who are viewing this thread