The Villainess Is a Marionette - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

A writers mantra that I heard on YouTube: Show, Don't Tell. Basically to convey the characters' feeling to the audience, it is advised that the feeling is shown with evidence and not told directly. Like, if someone feel sad that their loved one passed away, instead of telling "they're sad", the writer could show it with "the tears had fallen, the promise is broken, and his chest tightened with the sudden emptiness that he knows will never be completed again".

I don't know if this is because how the story is drawn (to save space or get things happened faster) or if it was like that already from the novel (if this is based on one), but it really could use some improvement on how the feelings are conveyed.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to this story. It is so beautiful 😍😍😍

@AlessaO I completely agree, that’s how I’ve been feeling about this manhwa the past few chaps and I couldn’t really pin it down exactly, but you’ve said it well. While the art is beautiful and plot sure to be interesting (at least I hope so) I feel like it lacks subtlety/nuance and the dialogue is just telling us things as they happen exactly, and it could kill the mood/stop feelings from building up in a chapter. Rather than letting us realize the mood while things happen it feels like we are being told everything in a sentence or two. I hope it doesn’t stay the same later on because it could get dull/dreary after a point

@AlessaO I've read the novel which is why I was looking forward to the manhwa so much and yes I completely agree with you the manhwa is quite disappointing as they are telling us in reading of showing us. I suggest reading the novel which is much better at building up the atmosphere and actually shows rather than tells. Maybe it's because of the lack of space in the manhwa that everything seems so rushed and we r told stuff rather than shown. I sure hope this changes because rn it's killing the mood/ambiance of the story

her lashes are so long af that her hair is in between it lmfao
WsmyEWV.png

oh my, im very much loving this face <3333
hFTeCb5.png

i'm loving all their faces <333 bi panic
MnPXoGC.png

Users who are viewing this thread