The Villainess Is a Marionette

This is just the physical representation of the phrase "You are but a puppet. Dance potato boy, Dance!"

Kept thinking this in my head while reading lolol.

The story seems too fast,, everybody suddenly trust her doesnt find it strange that she became capable..

This a really great manhwa!
My group and I are translating many manhwas like this and we are in need of someone who can give us the raw pages (downloaded already)
If you are willing to join, please use this invite link and join us on discord!
https://discord.gg/fP98KJ5J

THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL AAAAA I LOOOOVEEE THIS &&& ML IS SO LOVEABLE AAAAJEFKEKDKKSKSDJDKSKDK

i have huge hopes in this. ty for translating this manhwa! 💛

Surprised this is rated so high, the plot is nonsensical with the princess doing seemingly random things left and right that end up amazing for her. The main character is also fun, however it's a bit confusing what she's trying to achieve at any point in time. Compare this to "The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass" and that webtoon takes a lot more time to explain what each thing is doing and why it helps her overall goal.

However, the relationships are good especially the relationship with her brother is such a good development!!!

Overall 7/10 but really nice art

Right. I need to say this.
Imo,
The art is so beautiful im crying, but the story is meh. People falls in love left and right with the mc, who literally didn't do anything impressive or just do some random useless thing, yet the side character keep having something like "wow she has changed!" or "how clever!" or "how beautiful!" or something like that in LESS than a day/week after her reincarnation. She's a walking mary sue, and it's painful to see such a pretty art wasted on this.

Perhaps it's the pacing issue, perhaps some of the more nuanced points are lost in the adaptations and translations, but still, the current plot, characters interaction, and development is less than impressive. Honey trapping me with the art works fine at first, but currently, i need something more than a very pretty art to continue. So far, there's really nothing that could be say as the strong point of this one except the art. We got a bit of an im-doing-nothing-but-at-least-i-look-cool mc, confusion over "is the brother a love interest?" thingies, the painful mary-sueness, but nothing stands out. Not the humour, romance, drama, schemings, mystery,...just nothing, really. I was surprised that tl groups got into a claim fight for this.... thing.

And with how she treated her (adult) brother with that creepy touchy touchy thing that looks more like what a lover would do, who, if one remembered, lowkey acted like a jerk to her several times in less that the span of 8 chapters ago--a treatment which i believe have he done for years, yet he suddenly have a change of heart and turned into this weird puppy that follows her every whim--I am not surprised he turned into a
crazy yandere siscon.
. The reason must be that there's some crazy manipulation/brainwashing behind the scenes, or the author couldn't be bothered to properly explained the sudden fast turn of events.

So, I'm going to reserve my final verdict until several more chapters, at least. As I've said, the art is super pretty. And with the latest update finally i see some semblance of development. Hopefully things would turns out for better.

Can any scanlations or translators pick up Namjang Secretary 남장 비소? The novel got me hooked up, now there is a webtoon for it, too, with a gorgeous artwork. 😍

Is it the art? This is just really enjoyable to read even if things are going too well for the main character. Seriously, you will not regret the art

Art is some of the best in existence. Plot is decent enough to understand and not negatively impact your reading by too much. Definitely deserves a 10/10 for the art. Maybe a 7-ish for the plot. 8 - 9/10 overall.

I recommend reading this for the art, the story is nothing unique but it’s still good enough tht it won’t make you drop it. I highly recommend as it will bless ur eyes ☺️

Ohhh the agony of waiting another week for an update!!! BUT ITS SUCHA CLIFFHANGER WHYYYY. Thanks for the update u guys!!

Users who are viewing this thread