The Villainess Lives Again - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

I'm a little bit confused in the beginning of the chapter because Emma says that Artisea killed her bloodrelated cousin Abe, but if Abe is the son of the Emperor Lawrence ; and Artisea and Lawrence are half siblings , then doesn't that make Abe her nephew?

hhm,,, how is the timeline -_- ,,, isn't it should be artisea is the older sister for him ?

Thank you.

@feriteja I think she was born after Lawrence. I mean... that woman was still the wife of a marquess, even though she was the lover of the emperor. So I guess she went back to her husband at some point in time after Lawrence was born. Or her husband came for her.
But she stayed with the imperial family.

What a mess, indeed.

Fed-Kun's army
@Pocky8 Might just be a mistranslation, since it seem more to me like she married the marquess after already giving birth to Lawrence, just as a way for the Emperor to give her a title.

@Nimroth She couldn't have been unmarried, because then the emperor couldn't have had a relationship with her* and not just the translation but even the pictures look like the marquess lent her to the emperor in exchange for some gems. So she had an affair with the emperor, with her husband's blessing. And then later, she somehow got together with her husband and then... now she's with the emperor again. I think her husband
died, because in later chapters they talk about Artezia inheriting the wealth and title, and until she's an adult, her mother is in charge of money and her mother has the title

*no unmarried ppl can have relationships with married ppl, according to the translation

Fed-Kun's army
@Pocky8 Depends on which translation group actually is correct here I guess, because the other group translated it the way I mentioned.
To me it makes most sense if the emperor first fell in love with her, then arranged a marriage with the marquess so he could keep seeing her, meaning she never "went back" to the husband, the whole marriage would just be a cover so she could remain the emperors lover.
Artezia likely was born only for the sake of keeping the inheritance under her mothers influence rather than falling to some other relative, and I wouldn't be surprised if the father was murdered shortly after she was born.

Jesus christ this is vulgar...couldn't he just kill her.
Korean webtoons just continue to get more and more vulgar with the unspeakable acts of the male protagonist/antagonist

@pocky8
Small correction- its not an "affair"
if a man, sells his wife for money or goods, which the Marquess clearly did ,it is human trafficking. Which is something that did happening historical[and presently but I digress] , but human trafficking is still human trafficking even if its under a different name. Selling woman or human beings for goods with out their consent it is rape/sex exploitation.

[not so fun historical facts]
Its not that surprising that she dots/or obsessed with their son as woman typical didn't get any power in house holds until they had a "viable male heir". For now the story is pretty historical accurate, this is just the hypocrisy of dynastic cultures. Men have many lovers, woman that do the same [and get caught or even blamed for doing so] get killed.
Ie. Famous ex. Anne Boylne, wife of Henery the 8th , though their are many...many others.

Many men did what the Marquess did historical as well. Their are many priest/clergymen that were by law not allowed to get married or have sex but they did it anyway. So they would get their lover to get married to a puppet husband so they would have the "legal status" of being married while still having sex with their lover, the "legal "husband being a puppet that was getting paid of/blackmailed etc'. Famous example is Pope Alexander VI of the Borgia family. He had several children and acted as the patriarch of his family [even though "legally he couldn't really be a father". Had other men be the legal husband of his children..one particular famous child of his was "Caesar Borgia"...this is what is happening in this story. Its just hypocritical puritan politics.

@blazing_boz True. I was going by the assumption Miralia was okay with being the emperor's lover, but yeah, it wasn't stated anywhere. It's one thing that she's with him now but she probably couldn't say no (=was forced) the first time when she was still married.
We can't really know.

And I've heard of the things you've mentioned (in history class) and they always get me worked up. And the worst of it, in some parts of the world, stuff like this still happen today. Outrageous.

Will bring happiness to our family youuurr assss maam, he will only got her tortured. Damnnnnzzzzz i justttt🔥🔥🔥🔥🤯🤯

Users who are viewing this thread