The Villainess Lives Again

This is one of my MOST favourite isekai of all time. OF ALL TIME. The protagonist is a completely different type from the usual spunky, all knowing, all too lovable types whose knowledge and intelligence are predicated on the fact that they are reincarnated. Tia, on the other hand, is already established as a political strategist. Sending her back in time enables her to apply her strategies to a different end, in a way that is much more believable than other isekais.

Her personality and motivations are also extremely compelling. She was abused for so long (a lifetime plus her current incarnation) and held little to no guilt over the various atrocities she manipulated or committed - her punishment was completely just. She accepted it. What she couldn't accept was Leshia's fate and her brother's cruelty. At heart, she's still a girl who craves love and validation. Evron, at the end of her first life, was the only one to do so, perhaps after Leshia. To want to repay that momentary kindness with such a grand gesture as sacrificing the remnants of her life speaks to a very tragic character and lonesome person.

What I also like is that, in her new incarnation, her personality hasn't changed, so to speak. She is still very poker faced and inscrutable. She is still calculating. But because she knows the future and is willing to throw her lot in with a just figure (Evron, who is morally upright), she is redeeming herself to some extent. It's a treat to see that she is not planning on ruining her brother and mother. Her vengeance is taking back what is rightfully hers and putting a better man on the throne.

And Evron repays that loyalty with so much trust and devotion. I LOVE HIM. HE'S SUCH A GOOD BOI. AND HE'S SO FUCKING RIPPED AND BIG. It's nice to have an isekai where the male love interest is stoic to some extent, but not because he is mysterious or unreadable (incredibly, it's the protag!!! Love this reversal) but because he is virtuous and good. And the more Tia displays her capabilities which coincide with her true character - one who is capable of good when she is enabled to do good, or when she is trying to move off the path of evil that had been laid out for her - he organically begins to like her. BUT THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS BUILT ON MUTUAL RESPECT *FIRST* AND I STAN.

I am really glad to read a story about two mature adults who trust and respect each other, and where the plot is very reasonable and well thought out.

This and Bring The Love are the two isekai that make me check mangadex obsessively.

Okay so anyway I AM SUPER CURIOUS about Tia's mum. How did she get that way???? She seems to resent Tia, which I feel is linked to Tia's father. I guess that she was a concubine or a mistress whom Marquis Rozan was about to kick out , then she killed everyone and made her and Tia the only ones able to claim the Rozan estate. She had to have married the Marquis tho. I'm curious because Lawrence is older than Tia. It makes sense if she was the legal Rozan wife, gave birth to Tia and then had an affair with the Emperor. Lawrence isn't the Rozan heir so he was definitely not conceived when their mother was with Marquis Rozan. But I'm not sure I can imagine a situation where a Marquis takes the emperor's mistress as his wife.

While the brave prince coming to the Princesses rescue is of course always a welcomed set piece in a story, I just have one question, however, where the hell is the guard he gave her? What is he getting blown by one of the tea party guests who stepped out for a moment? I mean I know the Duke was supposed to save her but still plot hole is a plot hole
Edit: Not a plot hole, just genius writing, don't mind the is brainlet over here

So I reread this again bevause I love it so much and
sobs at in the past Evron went and said "take care of yourself" but Tia really went and got hurt I---

Double-page supporter
Her brother and mother may not be a real problem, but the problem is maintaining her peace after overcoming them with possible arrivals of other antagonists....
That hidden cover is so heartwarming!

@Arale She just has psychological issues along with her personality being sinful and rotten.

It ended in the best part!!!! Kyaaaah!! When the next is coming??? Also thank you so much team to bring this to us!

Hey, mangadex, another website is copying your works..... Are you aware? They don't even remove ur name from it...

A whole U w U I agree, whenever Tia has a soft warm expression I just combust into uwus. Thank you sawa team ❤️❤️❤️

Thanks for the translations! I love thiiiis! 😍😍😍

Her mother is crazy and evil 😤 and her brother is good looking but trash. Get rid of them 🗑

But...

OMG.. wait....
Why would they put a child in that cover photo? 😳 are they gonna have an effing kid?! 😱 OMG yas pls! it’s PARTY TIME! 🎊 🎉 I love this couple! He soooo liked her even in their previous lives. There’s nooooo way he didn’t. They’re so cute together. I hope he confesses and I hope she comes to like him just as much. Although it seems like she does hold feelings for him somewhat too. I’m so glad she’s looking happier with him. And him being upset with her plan is totally justified lol I’d be pissed if someone I loved put themselves in danger purposely too

Thanks a bunch sawa team! I fall in love with both ml and fl! They are a good match from heaven!

Many of the Korean comments about the novel are about how the story doesn't feel like a romance so it's really nice when we've been spoiled by so many real conversations between the leads.

I really appreciate all the end of chapter comments especially since it's hard to keep track of details with weekly releases. Another common comment on the novel is Tia is too op but your observations prove she's using what she has/knows to drive the narrative she needs forward.

Thank you for the consistent updates!

Users who are viewing this thread