The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 39

@Yumever
In general, when Aria uses the hourglass in social situations like this, she's trying to keep face to counter the rumors these two have spread about her. By using it in this particular instance, she's keeping them off-balance by preventing them from "scoring" points against her. Her unexpected knowledge and comportment undermines their sense of superiority, which is part of her ongoing psychological war against Mielle. If she doesn't seem like an easy opponent, they'll hesitate, because they won't know what she's capable of. If they thought she was simply an ignorant "fool", they would simply throw schemes her way until she inevitably trips up; like what happened her previous life. Basically, her tight guard reduces the number of attacks she'll have to deal with because they can't be certain their efforts will pay off.

Dex-chan lover
Damn hoarding, how to make misery 101. Glad to see they tasted their poison. Maybe nwxt time, that resell price will become wholesale price.

Btw, is it me or sugar in hot tea shadows the tea taste?

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the update!!

The panel with Aria lying on a bunch of coins is brilliant

Fed-Kun's army
@tonie don't forget that sugar is a luxury good and using it all the time is a way to show off their wealth. ANd showing off wealth is a very important job of a noble because it's an advertisement of them as a political ally.

@duderus thanks for the super detailed spoilers dude! ngl I'm highkey disappointed
that aria turns out to be a noble. :/ could've been a proper rags to riches story but alasss

Dex-chan lover
@Morsealworth true but showing off during family's breakfast kind of miss the point of showing off. It makes more sense on a tea party or dinner with guests invited.

Fed-Kun's army
@toniegood point, but I also think it has to do with their self-esteem as well. "We can afford it" is not just something to show to others, one needs confidence it's true as well.

@genericlinic Don't worry,
a bastard is not a noble.

BAM! I’m so glad she finally cashed in on one of her own ideas rather than letting daddy dearest steal the credit 🤬

I also love that one of these “re-live my past” mangas finally has the FL exploiting her knowledge for monetary gain and not just to win over “the guy that got away”. It’s more relatable. If I was sent back 20 years in the past, I know exactly which stocks I’d buy!! I wouldn’t waste it chasing penis 😂

Users who are viewing this thread