The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 44

@codydub03

The poison assassination attempt fails because Aria lets one of her maids drink her tea, and also because she reverses it with the hourglass. Veri, who added the poison to the tea flees, but the crown prince finds her and delivers her to Aria. Aria then makes a deal to let Veri get away, by making Veri accuse the head maid, Emma, of ordering her to poison the tea. Emma is sentenced to death, which is a devastating blow to Mielle, as Emma was her closest adviser and like a foster mother to her. Instead of sending Veri away to live her life out comfortably, Aria leaves her in the middle of a dangerous forest, where beasts lurk around.

@codydud03
The maid is behind most of the plans. Soon she will take matters into her own hands and try to kill Aria but it backfire and she is hanged for her crimes. That is the start of Mielles downfall.
The novel is complete you can read it on wuxia blog under the same title name

Dex-chan lover
Miele got shut all the way down. I’m flabbergasted that they rejected her gifts and second meeting invite so readily.

Fed-Kun's army
hehehe.. good good, it was failure to think she would win them over without any knowledge or talent, just by bribing them 🤣

YESSSSS YESSSSSSSSS YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Thank you for translating !

My god, how stupid is Mielle! She really can't deal with people and at the minimum difficulty she backs down.

Miellé really doesn't understand folks XD pampered little brat. Getting butthurt because they didn't accept the present.

Their mostly commoners it would end badly for them most likely if they accepted and wore it.

Long-strip supporter
@gum_rummy think about it for a min. They started off as commoners, had great success in their business and it started to grow, then suddenly a high ranking noble family invites you over to their house, you have a quick talk, then they suddenly offer a very expensive item to wear with the families coat of arms on it. Keep in mind they are part of the faction of nobles who had been holding monopolies over many products, including what they are selling. So many red flags....
They were invited so they took some time away from work to check things out but between the apparent bribes and how Mielle was treating their situations like they were doing everything wrong, things seemed sketchy so they decided to not come back, even though they got along with the MC, so they instead invited her away from the family.

Mielle was firm in her stand and never took the opinion's of others well, got what she deserved, that mother murderer (hopefully not in this timeline, don't spoil me )

Dex-chan lover
Damn! Those ladies pulling a pro move by reversing invite 😂😂😂

Dex-chan lover
@gum_rummy
I’m flabbergasted that they rejected her gifts and second meeting invite so readily.
Well there are quick to understand.
Their are people of succesfull business, comoners and lower nobles suddenly invited by midle rank noble soon to be high rank, give them a mark of being a "group".
Their start in the noblesse society but not at manipulative behavior or business.
Moreover Mielle is openly angainst women at work, a work their are pround of it.
In finality, accept equal become a group member of a high ranking noble that their do not know, with obvious greed and who look down on women.
I hope a help you to understand ^^

Not gonna lie, Mielle and Emma's relationship actual looked very lovely on the OUTSIDE.....
I mean Mielle who no longer have a mother have Emma becoming her second mother, raising her as well as siding with her all the time even when no one trust her (kinda like Lily Athy thingy, except that they're the evil pair instead of a good one).
They might be a great character if not for THAT "EVIL WENCH" THINGY

Mielle herself got that personality from genetic as well as her living environment, and Emma make it even worse by influencing her even more.
... like wtf bitch? I know you're thankful of the late madam and want to raise and protect Mielle in her stead.
But is making her even more evil than she already is really the way?

Well their brains were dead from the very beginning though,so it's quite understandable

Now if you please could die a little bit faster I would be very happy

I can't wait any until Emma is finally dead and that's where Mielle's downfall truly begin

I literally just binge read this earlier and was so happy to see a new chapter! Aaa thank you so much for the updatee

Guess that’s what happens when a pretentious noble tries to dip her toes on something she doesn’t even know about.

Daamn Aria is just so pretty I can’t stop gushing over her.

You didn't think of it before because you're stupid Mielle, the only reason u were able to kill Aria in the past, it was because everyone and everything was by your side and Aria was stupid as well, but that's not the case anymore so be ready!

I kinda felt weird about Mielle in this chapter, like, it's obvious she was always pampered so she doesn't understand and doesn't want to understand certain things or do anything by herself, but her reaction was pretty inconsiderate, rude, and disconnected towards the other ladies in front of her. Her maid is truly making her useless from my pov (is not like I want her to be useful but still, it feels weird to see Aria reaching all her potential while the other girl is just an evil stupid b1tch -still dangerous, but stupid-).

Ahahaha the noblewomen were excited, I'm so glad they recognized Aria as one of their own. She already had the husbands in her pockets, now she has the wives which would be pretty important allies as well. uwu

Ah, c'mon, Aria looks gorgeous >O< ♥ ty for the chapter

In the past Mielle dominated the game by being proactive while her opponent wasn't even playing but now she is failing because she has to react to MC moves. I really like how she is getting positioned to have a strong comeback as Isis's chess-piece.

Users who are viewing this thread