The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 2 Ch. 53

Group Leader
Yes, Emma is out! 😈
giphy.gif

Thanks for the chapter! 😍

Long-strip supporter
When you have a female villain MC who is actually a villain and not a lighthearted fool or a clutz pretending to be a villain.
Behold the Super Rare clean cut female villain MC, one of the rarest purest variants.

Supporter
Ahhhh, Aria, definitely one that earns the 'villainess' in the name. Thanks for translating (especially with all the background commotion as Aria is blissing out on the Plan working to perfection).

i was half expecting the maid to suddenly die before confessing lmao

Sometimes I wonder what one should do in that situation if you really were innocent. Obviously we know that Emma pulled the strings, but even if she were just a scapegoat, nothing she could say or do would alleviate the pressure in the room.

People will believe and hear what they want.

Group Leader
wow just as i was mulling over whether or not to drop this, she becomes so evil that those thoughts immediately stop

It's backkkk!!!! Thank you scanlation team!

@yannickq Q_u_w But we DO know what would happen if someone who was innocent and being manipulated was accused... they get executed 😅 That was the exact situation of Aria's past life. Mielle and Emma manipulated her, and Aria got guillotined and even felt guilty for being mean to her sister in the end.

@Q_u_w I don't think even that would work. In the case of poisoning, the poison could have been left by anyone, anywhere and at any time.

Just a matter of whether it's innocent until proven guilty, or guilty until proven innocent.

@Mangareader66ui Ah but I meant, what could you do to prove your innocence (not much) - aria's situation was exactly what I meant. People will see what they want to see.

Dex-chan lover
@yannickq

Since this is a literal he said/she said situation, the only defense possible is a character defense by others. That means having a good relationship with others and having them willing step up for the accused. If the accused doesn't have that while the accuser does, you can consider the accused screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread