The Villainess Will Crush Her Destruction End Through Modern Firepower - Vol. 3 Ch. 29 - Library Princess (First part)

Dex-chan lover
laying low may have failed, but being one step closer to the supreme predator smile her mother has mastered is worth it.

Rather than the usual "to be continued", author should've put "That's it?" or "You want a shorter one?"

Dex-chan lover
@theriddleq : Might be a messed up (read: google/machine) translation of the sentence that uses proverb that literally translate to "wearing a cat", but the meaning is simply "hiding one's true nature"

The easiest equivalent is probably "wearing/putting on a mask" I guess?

Dex-chan lover
And now she goes from 'magical prodigy' to 'overall genius'.

Group Leader
@WhimsiCat @theriddleq i was certain this was an expression or something, but i couldn't find it while searching tonight! i realized what i should've tried to find a reference to it and now i feel dumb.

in the text, it's literally "neko wo kabureru" -> "can wear a cat". i couldn't find anything with that text, but i should've just tried "neko wo kaburu", i found the definition just now after all:
https://jisho.org/search/%E7%8C%AB%E3%82%92%E8%A2%AB%E3%82%8B

also, this sentence was simple enough that i wouldn't have needed MTL, but i still don't know most of the expressions, so my own take on the translation yielded the same thing, lol

Double-page supporter
Of course she's laying low. She's not cackling madly while shooting everything that moves with an M16. 😁

Only 9 pages of actual content plus a title page and ending pages. Does that mean this is on the chopping block?

Dex-chan lover
@Primetimecrime If you look at the title, you'll see "(first part)"; it's become depressingly common for publishers to only release parts of a chapter at a time so they can turn bi-weekly or monthly series into weekly series.

Users who are viewing this thread