The Villainess Will Crush Her Destruction End Through Modern Firepower - Vol. 4 Ch. 35 - The Villainess is Gathering Herbs (First part)

Dex-chan lover
@immortalartisan
Is not supposed to be. Her weapons look the same and have similar characteristics of real weapons, but they are made by earth gnomes and shoot bullets that use magical artifacts instead of gunpowder. And of course cause of her enhancement magic even the way she use these weapons is different. She is basically not affected by weight and recoil.
Basically she would be able to fire a mounted machine gun like a browning from the hip with the accuracy of a sniper rifle.

Dex-chan lover
@Swift Maybe relative size throws me off, but seems too big for M249...
Honestly might be artist's creative liberty. Reminds me of this a bit:
NG7_Negev_LMG_Light_Machine_Gun_7-62mm_caliber_IWI_Israel_Israeli_Weapon_Industries_defence_industry_military_technology_001.jpg
Or maybe this:
DSCN0354.jpg
Second one seems really close.

Dex-chan lover
"She is basically not affected by weight and recoil."

Not quite. The logic behind it—if you still want to apply proper reasoning—is that the only magical thing in this firearm is the magic small paper stuffed inside the round shell as a substitute of gunpowder. Recoil is NOT due to gunpowder. It's caused by Newton's second law. For every action, there's equal counter action or something like that. The force used to propel the bullet will cause the recoil. Considering the magic thing is also work similarly (the magic paper creates explosion), it's natural to expect there's recoil. Here's the thing though. When deployed, the recoil is barely significant. Machineguns, due to its weight, tend to result in a more manageable recoil than, say, an assault rifle.

Dex-chan lover
@Triparadox
It's her enhancement magic that make her virtually not affected. Not the weapon or the paper gunpowder.
This and the fact that the properties of her weaponry are not exactly the same as normal weapons, allow her to use them in a much more flexible way. So a normal soldier common sense doesn't apply to her. She can go full Stallone/Schwarzenegger on her enemies.

Y'know, I was kinda hoping that world has some kind of endangered animal protection law...

Dex-chan lover
i'd think the wyverns would be scared off by the sound more than anything.

Group Leader
And that's party will shock about Astrid's power XD thank you for the updates until now~!:)

As someone who once carried an M249 SAW in the army, I can confirm that to be an accurate depiction.
Aside from the picatinny rail attachment on the top of the barrel shroud, it is a dead ringer for my old beast of burden.

Note; an M249 with a long barrel, with a fully loaded 'pork chop' ammo case of 200 rounds weighs just over 20 pounds. Typically, they are either mounted on a turret ring, or laid down with a bipod. Standard compliment includes at least 1 spare barrel, 3 more pork chops(a total of 800 rounds carried), maintenance tool kit, and additional attachments(I.E. ACOG scope, forward grip, etc.). All in a relatively inconvenient carry bag.

When on foot, it can be carried by the carry handle(gets tiresome really quick), or slung with various straps(2-3 point contact harness). The spare pork chops are usually retained in the carry bag, along with the required additional equipment. This bag usually also reaches in excess of 20 pounds.

Add on the standard ballistic vest and sapi plates, which can reach upwards of 30 pounds, I was typically carrying around 40-50% of my own body weight at any given time.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine you take your offspring, the lights of your life, for a walk with the love of your live and suddenly get attacked out of the blue, because you are a "monster" and your kind is a "senseless murderous beast" and other prejudices. Stop the hate crimes!

Users who are viewing this thread