The Witches of Adamas - Vol. 7 Ch. 34 - The End of Honeymoon

Dex-chan lover
That was quite a rushed resolution, and kind of pointless with little to no lasting impact, the growth the MC had was just him going back to how he was before meeting Nayuta, so it is almost as if the whole thing never happened

That was quite a rushed resolution, and kind of pointless with little to no lasting impact, the growth the MC had was just him going back to how he was before meeting Nayuta, so it is almost as if the whole thing never happened
Agree this arc feels really rushed. There was little character development for Satou and Yuu-senpai ran out of ideas. Cause this arc could've been great with a few more chapters.

Dex-chan lover
All that work for an unearned and rushed bullshit status-quo reset button press. I mean did they fuck up the chapter count or something? There was so much build-up and the arc itself was pretty good until this chapter when it literally just felt like the mangaka thought "shit what was I gonna do/where do I go from here to fix this without having the major repercussions I implied would happen happen? Fuck it. Seggz and a bowtie on top and no one will notice. LuLz gg" lol

Either that or he couldn't justify or come up with anymore/enough story to fill out another volume/tankobon with this arc, though if he put as much effort in thinking up a proper conclusion I'm sure it would have been as good as the rest of the arc before this chapter.

Benefit of the doubt option, maybe his editor/s and/or the higher-ups of the magazine/publisher wanted or forced him to hurry up and finish the arc since the subject content was too much of a touchy subject considering Japan's school/education/academic culture is insane(ly competitive), and a lot of people take it super cereal lol

Still think the arc had potential, but that was the biggest example of a "failed to stick the landing" ending in a story I've seen/read in a long time.

Like, almost weirdly rushed or forced that it's uncanny and like there  has to be a reason behind the scenes for this one.

At first I was gonna say maybe the chapter/arc was released during exams, but the RAWs/magazine releases are far ahead of the translations, cause I definitely remember the Whale/Housewife-Next-Door arc being releases chapter by chapter in the same magazine that had Kiss x Sis in it and someone uploaded the full magazine back when the current chapter in Adamas was the one that ended with Yukinari's neighbor smushing her boobs on the window and KxS was still far from ending.

I think it was still in the Miharu arc then, if that means anything to anyone else commenting here, since it's clear we're all degenerate enough to probably read em both at some point lmfao I mean shit, I only learned about Adamas because of that full magazine upload lol

Users who are viewing this thread