The World God Only Knows - Vol. 26 Ch. 267 - A Token of Love

Dex-chan lover
Ugh why did this chapter get uploaded? Now I'm mad all over again

> Now I'm mad because I was reminded that worst girl won ffs

No joke. Such a great manga, up until the end

Dex-chan lover
ugh... why did you make me remember this ending (a shitty one for me)?

Contributor
I don't mind Chihiro, it's just that the author developed several characters, and created a horribly rushed arc that none of us were prepared for. There are several conflicting points that imply that the author was just writing the story as they went along.

Dex-chan lover
>Tenri didn't win
>Haqua didn't win
>Firetrucks didn't win
Fuck this gay earth. Fuck this ending.

Dex-chan lover
My problem is, Keima's feelings being a total black box, i just didn't see what made him develop feelings for Chihiro, ever since the time Keima cried at the school festival. Considering other characters got more development in the end, the choice looks even less relatable (although, i haven't decided what i'd consider a best choice, myself).
That, and an axed ending (i totally expected Kaori to make a return and Elsie being a super weapon was just hand-waved; Urara arc was kinda out of place, but i wouldn't have hated to see her again, too).

Keima fell for Chihiro due to her breaking all of Keima's predictions and plans. While all other "normal" heroine can be easily predicted by him, as in all love situation with them are planned by him, Chihiro being the only one that effortlessly break his plans became "unique" in his eyes. He really fell in love with her in the goddess arc when he was caught off-guard with Chihiro's honest confession. He never plan for it, never expect it, and it came like in a truck, but due to the much higher stake at the time he rejects her.

At the end, in this chapter we can see he stop planning, giving in to the fact that he can't predict her. The final banter in the next chapter confirm this, it is truly a honest confession coming from him despite him cannot see "the ending".

Also best girl btw. A realistic (too realistic perhaps it became scary) "plain" character that every person with or that had existential crisis can relate to and even learn from.

Fed-Kun's army
Keima fell for Chihiro due to her breaking all of Keima's predictions and plans. While all other "normal" heroine can be easily predicted by him, as in all love situation with them are planned by him, Chihiro being the only one that effortlessly break his plans became "unique" in his eyes. He really fell in love with her in the goddess arc when he was caught off-guard with Chihiro's honest confession. He never plan for it, never expect it, and it came like in a truck, but due to the much higher stake at the time he rejects her.

At the end, in this chapter we can see he stop planning, giving in to the fact that he can't predict her. The final banter in the next chapter confirm this, it is truly a honest confession coming from him despite him cannot see "the ending".

Also best girl btw. A realistic (too realistic perhaps it became scary) "plain" character that every person with or that had existential crisis can relate to and even learn from.
Good job putting my feelings into words

And somehow everyone fail to realize that

Dex-chan lover

Great explanation

Users who are viewing this thread