The World of That Otome Game is Tough for Us - Ch. 6 - Intention

Double-page supporter
Angelica gets burned ugly and can only spit bitter words, last time I read she is on a deathbed, dying or something. I dunno what happened after as it was not yet translated as I read it.

I'll spoil it for you all so don't click. If you do that's on YOU.

Angelica will be okay. Olivia will be fine. However everyone else...

I think the author dropped the ball in the last 2 chapters. Anne Olivia goes mad with war. Leon tries to save the princesses but fails cause Anne Olivia made Herthrude drink poison and she obeys (this was a brainlet moment imo). Leon gets her to the cell but she is dying. So he takes off to Fanoss to deliver her to Hertauda before she dies.

Meanwhile Fanoss is dealing with a coup plotted by Anne Olivia, the prime minister and that Fanoss general (Not Dark knight, he was killed by Leon way way before). So long story short Herthrude dies in the arms of her little sister, Leon saves them and they join the coalition of nobles lead by Angelica's sister to defeat Anne Olivia.

Huge battle, everybody dies. 3 stooges die like d*mbasses and only Julius and Jilk survive. Meanwhile Leon aboard Arroganz (with new AI cause Luxion is nowhere to be found) go to face Anne Olivia.

Angelica wakes up and convinces Marie to go to Leon. So they do follow a secret underground passage into the palace.

They all meet in the throne room where Leon is unable to act because he is indecisive when he's needed the most. All he had to do is kill Anne Olivia (yeah you might be thinking that's unfair but believe me that was the best choice here. Olivia later on even acknoledges it since she admits she willingly allowed Anne to get into her body because she was insecure of herself).

So Marie has to act. She kinda awakens her saint power and fights Anne Olivia overwhelming her. Then beats the hell out of her.

The other Anne (the one following Leon and Marie around. You know the one that wants them to get married already) comes out. Talk no Jutsu and both Annes decide to fuse and sleep within Marie. Leon is worried af but accepts. However author said "nah too happy of an ending. Let's f*ck around some more."

So fused Anne is suddenly consummed by Mary (the spirit of her younger sister. Always jealous because Anne took interest in the guy she fell in love with, Leon's ancestor Leah). So she goes on a rampage again, Jilk appears to defend her in an armor suit (robot) but she kills him from behind. Julius appears but she kills him also (both die like d*mbasses ngl. The fate of simps).

Marie steps forward and f*cks up Mary's plan with brute force. Just when everything is over and they are celebrating, Leon gets shot and falls. Marie goes desperately using the magic she has left to heal Leon. She begs Olivia and she helps her.

Luxion appears, it was him the one that shot Leon. He confesses his master servant contract was null some time ago when Anne Olivia attacked him, making it possible to create a breach in his system. Leon tries to talk but can't do it because he is dying. Luxion confesses he's been f*cking every country up and working behind the scenes with Anne Olivia. He takes everything and leaves. Meanwhile his main body (Spaceship) goes in a rampage destroying the capital and both armies fighting outside.

Arroganz arrives and Marie out of options protects Leon's body with her own, hugging him. Turns out Arroganz (now an AI independent of Luxion) came to defend Leon and Marie. He takes them (with Angie and Olivia) into Partner (Leon's ship).

Okay so out of screen almost every other character dies by Luxion's laser beams including Angie's brother, every friend of the academy, Leon's father and even Nicks, now married to Dorothea (this was actually shown which makes it worse).

So there is no one alive except Leon, Marie and Olivia.

Angie's dad goes literally crazy living in a fantasy. Olivia is invaded by s*icidal thoughts and Leon decides to face Luxion with the help of Arroganz.

So the author decided to f*ck up the story even more. Leon decides to act like Marie was always his old world's sister and she falls in a trap. He tells her he will break the engagement and that he almost kissed her (so no happy ending for Marie even in this timeline). Marie tries to stop him but he takes off with Arroganz against the army of AI lead by Luxion. The fight is kinda quick, Luxion admits he made a mistake but it's too late. Leon is fatally wounded. He wishes Marie to "live happily" (brainlet moment since all she wanted was him, but he destroyed her heart, leaving her depressed and crying then went to die like a d*mbass) then dies. Luxion also dies after Leon, telling Arroganz to protect marie.

So Arroganz arrives to Partner without Leon. Everybody celebrates the fall of the AI army and Luxion while Marie cries looking more miserable than ever. She just wishes to meet Leon again if there is a God that's her only wish then she would do it right to get a happy ending with him.

There is an epilogue (very d*mb epilogue) with Leon at the start of the story. He crosses paths with Marie. They stare at each other and she just asks "what?". He chickens out and flees with Luxion on stealth mode. She goes to where Julius will be and Leon sees Olivia. The end. (I am guessing this implies the Marie route came before Mobseka?)

So personally I think the author just wanted to piss everybody off by killing every character off. Marie is without a doubt the best (and written also) girl in the entire series (girls become brainlet harem drones in Mobseka let's be honest). Her interactions with Leon put Olivia and Angie to shame (in comparison to Mobseka)

The story would be justifiable if Marie and Leon got the happy ending. However I am guessing the author chickened out because of critics if they get married (even though they aren't blood related anymore). Also she went for the saddest possible ending. Too bad it feels like a badly written edgy fanfic in those last two chapters.

I seriously hope this other story doesnt follow the Marie route or it will feel like another waste of time.

Like with the spear hero spin off.
It's hard for me to continue reading this, due to all the bad thing that will happen.

Dex-chan lover
I really want to like this spinoff manga since I like the spinoff story itself...but holy fuck, the artist's style is off-putting. It's not even bad, it's just stylistically weird. There's facial accentuation (particularly in the lips and noses) that are surrealistic in manga form. Their heads are also weirdly spherical in proportions. It's more the pity because there's so much care put into the clothing and environmental details everywhere.
IMO it's just the lips that are off-putting. They're perceptually smug or pouting because for some reason the artist ALWAYS draws the commissure (the pointed corner of the lips) as though as the person's cheeks are pudgy/drooping off their face. I'm not sure who they learned how to draw from but that is just a VERY odd detail to be such a stickler for

Fed-Kun's army
The point about the Marie Route character writing being better is quite true. The characters have challenges and are interesting, as opposed to main book 4 and onward, where Olivia and Angelica are just groupies.

The author seems to have a younger sister he despises, because he likes to insert a little sister antagonist, in contrast to the idealized little sisters common in anime/manga. In an interview, he said he regretted making Marie too sympathetic with her suffering, which caused her to be popular (in Japan). In the main story, Marie does most of the suffering, but here, the suffering is spread around to several women, helping to make them more compelling here.

Dex-chan lover
While Olivia and Angie does have different fate in this route. It honesty is better because this gave them more role and importance compared to the main story.

Both Olivia and Angie played so little role post vol4. They are just there to exist and remind us that Leon already has 2 girls while he score another 2 later.

Fed-Kun's army
It's hard for me to continue reading this, due to all the bad thing that will happen.
Author has a habit of changing endings for his web novels when he makes them into light novels. Heck, most of these last two chapters were Light Novel original. How things went down in the Alzer ark in the web novels was very different to what happened in the Light Novels: No onee-san Louise, Olivia got kidnapped etc. Most importantly, different characters died.

Last edited:
I have only read until when the tea master and king died, but damn this is bleak af. There's still hope for good ending from where I read, it looks like the author just want to torch Marie down. Looks like the rumor where the author legit hate Marie is true.

Dex-chan lover
It DID mention in the OG manga that the world iteration has reached ----- times already. Meaning, like an h-game, it had so much screw ups.

Dex-chan lover
tenor.gif
Can't wait to see The Boys Season 4

FUCKING DIABOLICAL!!!

Dex-chan lover
I am not sure what os rancor is ot supposed to be hatred? As i am portuguese and we have a word that is the same means hatred that is rancor

Dex-chan lover
Theres definitely large similarities between them imo. Two hated characters due to the OG story (Motoyasu, Marie both M lol), a bit darker storywise and explores quite a bit of background of the world, and often touted by readers as quite good as well. Love reading the spin off, might be in for a treat here too.

It helps that it seems the plot isn't a complete power fantasy based from other comments on past chapters which piques my interest greatly.

Users who are viewing this thread