The Worst Princes' Battle Over Giving up the Imperial Throne

Well your kingdom is actually prosper, you have a good life as prince, the sibling raised enough to not kill each other, and you wise enough to know king responsibility...
Why even bother to become the king then

Aggregator gang
English itself lacks the proper word to convey it. Probably best strategy is to go closer to the roots and use Latin and then add to TL notes in the margins. I guess when translating from a translation, things get lost like in a game of telephone

Dex-chan lover
@Jercov-
Nobility is gone mainly because a democratic system is optimal for controlling the majority of people in a highly productive postindustrial environment. Even when it's democratic in name only.
For a define period of time, nobility was an optimal solution to control a country. Sustainable, with diplomatic benefits, efficient when power is consolidated. The only real fatal flaw I remember is what's called a feudal fragmentation.
When you write an accurate story in a setting like that, it's important to understand that noble kids are not modern zoomers. They grow in a highly competitive and authoritative environment. What's more important, nobility succession system is very rigid. When you're the oldest son and you was chosen by father, you can't just say 'I don't want to play by rules, I want to live a lazy life, make my brother a king instead of me'. Such behavior would be seen as a challenge to a centuries-old system and would be dealt with in the harshest possible way.

@vodkavodka nobility was never optimal in any era, people were just dumb back then, over time people started learning and then they realize shit nobility is actually bad why are we allowing this. pre-medieval the romans realize self-governance was better than having a king do the governing, hence the roman kingdom was gonzo

the key point in wanting to be a succesor during the medieval age was that you don't want to be sent to death with the tons of war going on. during the medieval era, due to the war brought by the collapse of the roman empire (cuz it's free real estate), people got dumb again and has too much going on (like following the church) that they weren't able to challenge nobility and were only oppressed. only after the church and universities got their hands on teaching plebs that people started shitting on the nobility again and look where that lead them, gonzo too.

Dex-chan lover
@Jercov-
The Roman Senate was neat, I agre (btw the ancient Roman society also had nobles), but I can't see how it disproves my statement that every society gets the government system that it deserves. I don't question the fact that nobility system isn't perfect for specific forms of society.
I just stated that the story premise of this comic is idiotic if it truly proceeding in a setting of functional royal and noble ranks.

Fed-Kun's army
Not sure why, but this feels like a crappy chinese story. Lotsa bad vibes coming off this one.

As long as you don't take it seriously, and treat it as the comedy it is, it's a great read.

Also 4th prince x 5th prince, calling it now.

uhh.... somehow this is a manga that feels like manhwa
Maybe because the influence of the translator or the author intend to do this?

Kinda cute so far, competent people trying to play responsibility hot potato. We'll see how it goes

Aggregator gang
Well, he IS their father after all, of course he also makes stupid schemes.

Users who are viewing this thread