The Young Lady I Served Became a Young Master - Ch. 2

This leaves me so curious about the “lady and dog” series Chloe’s life is based on. Was it a BL novel? Was she female in the book but male in this world? There was no heroine or significant female characters mentioned at all too. So many questions haha

I think he's crossdressing as a girl because the duchess or duke doesn't want him to inherit the household because he was born from a brothel.

Dex-chan lover
Whoever wrote Lady and Dog probably was gonna do a "Gotcha!" And make it a yaoi.

@Zikakuto It was neither, is the most likely explanation. He was a cross-dressing male, but as she said in this chapter he never looked at this suitors and just used them. He was straight but wanted revenge more than love, so he didn't cared that he would never have a relationship.

(Just saying but your translation is the most accurate/understandable. 😳 Typesetting is good too so I have no complaints. Whatever happens, this is a new series so no one is sniping. ~o~ Translation groups are just jumping on new series in this genre lmao. I hope you'll be able to work something out, you're doing great work!)

I'm guessing Chloe actually is a dude that the family disguised as a woman to have less power or something?? Idk maybe because they're a illegitimate child or what not...
Thank you for the translations!!

when they introduced the potential love interests

I was like "hah. sure, men. pfffft- he a man tho"

Dex-chan lover
It's make sense if Chloe originally just conceals his gender. Because if he's a "he", bet the son and the lady will not let him live. And I don't remember magic being the cause or whatsoever.
I guess because his favorite maid was kicked out he planned his revenge earlier.

Fed-Kun's army
i think the crossdressing was so he wouldn't be killed.... bc if the second child is a man, that's a rival for the title of duke. specially if the child is smart. he'd have been murdered for sure... he was being abused as is. or maybe not, but i look forward to finding out!!!

thank you for translating this!!! i hope things work out and we keep getting chapters, this looks so interesting. def will be following it, i'm intrigued and want to know more

OH IS HE BEING FED THE BARE MINIMUM TO KEEP UP THE ILLUSION OF BEING A GIRL??? SO HE LOOKS FRAIL AND DOESN'T DEVELOP PROPERLY??? COULD IT BE THEY ACTUALLY DO KNOW HE IS A HE??? AND THAT'S WHY HE'S TREATED LIKE GARBAGE??? okay sorry i'm just speculating but i was thinking about this still fslakjdljk

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.

So if the og novel heroine is a guy, I wonder if that means the abuse and being malnourished stopped his body from developing properly? At least, that's my best guess for how he wasn't the dorito we see in her dream, yet.... Unless he's significantly younger than I thought. Young boys certainly can pass for a while.

It's an interesting set up. We can infer that since Chole:book was able to turn his brother and father into fools then neither of them knew his real gender. But then someone else pointed out that malnourishment might have been intentional to keep him from properly developing.

Users who are viewing this thread