" There are no chapters in your selected language(s)."

Hi guys, i'm sure this topic was discussed at least once, but i cannot find it becasue it seems doesn't exist a "search" button for forums. as title says, there's some reason for this message appearing whenever i try to read some manga? Expecially old ones. I'm writing from Italy, and the only thing i can think about it it's because it's not allowed to read manga uploaded in japanese... Correct me wrong, please, at least i'm curious. Thank you in advance for the answer :)

Dex-chan lover
Have you tried messing with your filtered languages? Also keep in mind some series simply do not have uploaded chapters.

Nah @sterven, i just check'd now and i confirm i'd leave "all langs" in "Filter chapter languages"
Maybe is as you wrote, old mangas are with no chapters--- but in this case, why don't state only "there are no chapters" ?

@m520i, sorry i cannot load the image

@m520i, thanks, now i can see the screenshot, thanks. A question: why i have to select English in the Filter chapter language? it's a trick?
@sterven thank you very much, those are examples of manga without chapters? edit: oh well :-D

Dex-chan lover
A question: why i have to select English in the Filter chapter language? it's a trick?
You don't have to select english you can select whatever language(s) you wish to see the chapters in those you don't select wont show up for you.

uff. maybe i'm simply dumb. but just for stubborness, i want to see what is some old shitty manga. i make the search in order from oldest to newest, exactly in this way: https://mangadex.org/titles?s=1#listing, and ALL of oldest mangas are without chapter . So it's only because they erased old chapters?

Dex-chan lover
@m520i
lol it was worth a shot

@Frangar
So it's only because they erased old chapters?
The most probable case is that they were simply never uploaded for one reason or another vice erased after all md doesn't erase uploads unless they come from official scans, spam bots, or some other violation.

also enable the H toggle and unhide the H content in navbar cog in case you struggle to see H chapter

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Frangar We have plenty of manga entries with zero chapters ever uploaded, usually because there was an active official release and no-one ever bothered or it's just old and obscure.

You're sorting by "last updated", and naturally the manga that have gone the longest without a chapter update are the ones that have never had one.

Users who are viewing this thread