Thinking of promoting my Youtube channel here. Some concerns I have...

Group Leader
Hello guys,
7.gif

While Mangadex was on vacation, I decided to start my own Youtube channel. I post gameplay videos. I've been doing this for over a year. My goal at the moment is to hit 1000 subscribers so I can monetize my channel. There are two main reasons why I started: first is to have my own library of game recordings, and second is to make some extra income from my videos. Sometimes, I look at videos of someone else and think "I can do better than that." No joke. One of my videos actually started like that. There are also niche games I think are undiscovered, and I'd like to dig into that mine someday. Or old games that are worth being reuploaded in HD.

Now that I finally finished translating Monkey Peak, I can focus more on the channel, at least when I am not being lazy or being distracted by something else. Of course, I'd love to have more viewers since they can be huge boost of motivation for me. So, I've been thinking of revealing and promoting my channel on here. Since I am still uploading the last volume of Monkey Peak, I can advertise my channel on the credit page. I'm sure out of hundreds of people who read it, some must be interested in video games. Maybe they'll like it, maybe not. And if I reveal and promote my channel on here, maybe some members would find it interesting and follow me.
027.gif

However, there are also things I am concerned about. By revealing my channel here, I am admitting that Mr. Detective and channel name are the same person. You'll also know what my ethnicity is once you see the name. This might be a problem when we end up having sensitive or politically-charged conversations. I'm sure we will continue to have pissing contests over stuff like loli and traps in the future. Maybe someone will eventually discover the connection. "Hey, that's the guy who likes pineapple on pizza. Let's ruin his channel."
74.gif

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Maybe it's just a trivial matter? To tell the truth, this is actually something that I've been wanting to reveal while waiting for the site to come back.
Upanhso.tk-51.gif

Is there any other factor that I should be cautious of?
092.gif
How many people here actually like video games?

Dex-chan lover
Have you asked others?
Perhaps your senpais will know,
I'm just a rando.

I know this isn't on topic for what you asked about, but if you're trying to reach 1000 subs, the channel Film Booth is very helpful for that. Deadass I was trying to reach monetization for 5 years before I started watching it. But yeah good luck with your YouTube journey

Dex-chan lover
However, there are also things I am concerned about. By revealing my channel here, I am admitting that Mr. Detective and channel name are the same person. You'll also know what my ethnicity is once you see the name. This might be a problem when we end up having sensitive or politically-charged conversations. I'm sure we will continue to have pissing contests over stuff like loli and traps in the future. Maybe someone will eventually discover the connection. "Hey, that's the guy who likes pineapple on pizza. Let's ruin his channel."
74.gif
If you have a public image, there's always a risk of someone who doesn't like you going around and searching for anything against you, though it's much much more likely to happen if your videos involve politics. So, I'd stay away from mentioning anything related to it, even if it involves video games.

My advice is if your unsure, then don't do it.

Group Leader
Well, I'm not afraid to deal with a few haters stumbling onto my channel if there are still many others supporting me. But if no one is interested, then potential trolls aside, there's not much of a point in revealing it.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I'm not afraid to deal with a few haters stumbling onto my channel if there are still many others supporting me. But if no one is interested, then potential trolls aside, there's not much of a point in revealing it.

in this current year of internet era, haters/trolls are nothing, the one that you don't want to attract is schizo.
:pepehmm:

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective
Send me a link I want to shit on your videos lol. DM me if you don't want to share it publicly.
Also I feel the same (mostly with star wars) when I see some "epic duels" and I'm just what the fuck both these guys
are trash I could totally stomp them both. I used to post a lot of my clips back in the day but it was mostly for the lolz.

Group Leader
OK. Thanks for the suggestion, all. Quite surprised, but it's alright. Everyone has the opposite advice compared to other people. In the end, the credit page is up to me, but I'll just not mention anything about it on here.

Group Leader
OK. Thanks for the suggestion, all. Quite surprised, but it's alright. Everyone has the opposite advice compared to other people. In the end, the credit page is up to me, but I'll just not mention anything about it on here.
i mean u can send me a love letter ><

Users who are viewing this thread