Yoku Wakaranai Keredo Isekai ni Tensei Shiteita You Desu - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - I Don't Really Get It, But I Wanna Stay Indoors

I'd rathe wait and get whole-chapter releases, if it's the same to the scanlator.

Dex-chan lover
If the raw is in 1 full chapter you better not cut it, because it will mess up mangadex chapter list

Dex-chan lover
Her job is to be someone's friend, holy shit that blows. Just how self-important can an MC possibly be when "being her friend" constitutes a life-defining moment for yourself as a living being.
Something tells me it's supposed to say "Familiar", rather than "friend", because it doesn't make sense otherwise.

I feel like I had something else to say, but that just blew me right away, lmao.

Group Leader
@Solipsist double checked on that, and yeah the kanji is 友人 rather than 友達, which was what I initially had (Had a different tl help with the skills page [same tl as the tl for inaka, jinja yell ya boi Tamamo]) that's what he put and it isn't wrong or that far by any means at least.
They basically mean the same thing, but I'd rewrite it to Companion, closer to a party member of sorts rather than, Familiar.
I do agree that friend sounds a bit weird, so I replaced it with Companion

also to the guy who said the author likes genshin I wouldnt know, but the last page on 12 was a edit sort of meme I just put it, been playing it recently.

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist
I'm pretty sure you're reading way, way, way too much into the specific wording there and not taking into account this is a translation. There are many JP RPGs that use the word Job, or other similar terms, in the way most Western RPGs would exclusively use the word class. As well, keep in mind Ren's original "job" was "orphan". It's really just being used as a description of their current life circumstances. What else has Norn been doing recently? On top of that, "friend" doesn't imply unequal standing whereas something like "familiar" would, no? "Friend" also implies some intimacy; a connection beyond sheer necessity. Isn't that better than the alternative?

of course its Fenrir.... it wouldn't be an isekai's familar if it wasn't fenrir.

Dex-chan lover
@Swift
Oh, trust me, very little thought was put into that comment. That "friend" bit just made me chuckle. And tbh, what you wrote emphasizes why I found that line so weird. If Norn's defining characteristic at that moment in her life, is that she's someone's friend...That's....
Imagine that you present yourself as: "Dave's friend".So, what can you tell about yourself? -- "I'm...I'm Dave's friend..."
Just, lmao. How sad is that? I keep making myself laugh with that stupid mental picture.

@marshymallowy
Oh, neat. Odd to see my random outburst affecting anything, haha. Companion does make more sense to me.

THAT WOLF 🙄 BEING A FENRIR 🙄, OH MY 🙄 I NEVER 🙄SAW THAT 🙄 COMING 🙄.

@Solipsist @marshymallowy
友人 is a more formal version of 友達 and it literally says "職業: レンの友人" which directly translates to "Job: Ren's friend", so that TL was definitely not wrong. Having read further ahead in the manga(was just about to read the latest chapter 17), their relationship most definitely does not feel like that of familiar and master. That said, 'companion' is also an ok TL IMO.

I'm pretty sure this is not the first time this has happened in Isekai. One could find examples of this applying to people, not just animals/magical beasts. Heck, Zero no Tsukaima is/was a thing.

Power Uploader
See rules 3.2.2:

https://mangadex.org/rules

"Chapters may only be split into parts if the source material were also split in the same way, or to get around the maximum filesize of [sic] upload limitation. "

So yah, just do whatever the raws do. Or if raws do parts, do whatever you want.

Users who are viewing this thread