This Office Lady Wants To Be Healed

Aww this is so cute. Reminds me of Ojisan and Marshmallow. Hope the mangaka picks it back up

Contributor
grumpy_mercy_by_gojou404-dbf6d57.jpg

Contributor
Alas, if society was just more open to hugs this wouldn't have to be so awkward.

I took off the romance tag; this was suggestive of the possible beginnings of romance in the future, but none occurred insofar as I saw... I recognize other people may see this differently (because of differing social implications of what a hug means to different people), however, so I do this with some trepidation.

Dex-chan lover
As a fat old bloke that worked in a cube farm for years, this is a nice escape from reality if it didn't sadden me at a very deep level.

If you aren't fat like me, for a week just observe someone in your workplace that is. You'll notice interpersonal interaction during work hours is kept to a minimum. Afterhours? Maybe, if they party hard enough or pay for the tab. You'll notice that there's the ones that are just peachy with their size and ones that have accepted their size. There's a difference.

It will take years to sort this out without a therapist by the way. Especially when the only "fix" everyone accepts is very specific: Don't be fat. And once you are fat no one expects you to un-fat. Studies by International Journal of Obesity suggest once someone is perceived as overweight, a bias of laziness and as generally less competent rolls in.

Just look at me. In lieu of a therapist, I ramble about my problems on forums to anonymous masses knowing that the best case is I'm ignored. And the worst case of ridicule is entirely justified and deserved.

Unfortunately, fat folks such as myself don't really get to live the dream. It isn't in the selection menu and IT doesn't care. We are the tools and backdrop with which everyone paints their dreams.

Now, don't get me wrong. Maybe you live and work in an idyllic realm and all I've ever experienced is actual Hell. I mean, I am fat so maybe I'm just complaining so I don't have to exert the effort to fix myself, right?

Users who are viewing this thread