This Villainess Wants a Divorce! - Vol. 1 Ch. 23

Aggregator gang
I need more! 😭😭😭😭 One chapter isn't enough! Scanlator-san, how much do I need to successfully bribe you?

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm seriously loving this girl! I hope she'll find her own story to star in because she well deserves it. And of course, a man that can enter her life and aid her journey doesn't sound to bad either *wink* *wink*.

For now though, let's watch our main characters make their way past the biggest challenge: People. I can't wait, thank you for the wonderful updates and I'll anticipate the following chapters!

Ahh I'm worried how much they keep bringing up Canaria with adultery and cheating. Worried that it's going to get to his head. >_< thank you for the update!

Aggregator gang
I hope Cesar to be a bit more understanding... The very presence of his brings misfortune to our mc. A powerless girl with no backing, marrying the future king is a problem itself for our mc. Its not Cesar who would suffer but Canaria...

Dex-chan lover
I hope MC can at least hint the truth to Cesar as they find an understanding in between

I'm so happy and so annoyed at the same time. Happy about a new chapter but gahhhh the king is going to be a pain in the ass. What does he care about social standing ? Isn't his wife(?), Caesar's mother, a former maid? Gimme a break!

@SleeplessxB3auty
Cesar's mother is a lesser wife. In these pseudo-Western settings, the royal structure is almost always polygamous, in the Asian tradition, and not monogamous like the European tradition. The Empress/First Wife is the 'important wife', and that's the position that Canaria's heritage isn't good enough for. Lesser wives are often 'whoever the guy's dick goes for', in comparison. Take the current Empress' family as an example—the first part of this chapter explains that they almost entirely control the parliament/council. They're a prominent and established family from the high nobility, whereas Canaria's family is much smaller and weaker, which is why she was chosen for Cesar by the Empress in the first place.

Double-page supporter
gracie asserting her dominance as a powerful bicon who aint gonna cause any problems for these two lovebirds. on a more serious note - im so relieved this doesn't seem to set gracie up as a love rival and instead hints towards more character development as a supporting friend/independent young noblewoman.

Aggregator gang
Ahh I really want him to make Canaria realize that he's not going to divorce her!! But I feel like he doesn't even realize that she thinks that way 😭

@cezyou
thank you!!
I got a bit confused as to the hierarchy of the kings wives since there is the empress, obviously, and here we finally got introduced to the queen, Caesar's mother (who I assumed was dead or banished actually).
Your explanation was very helpful! ^_^

Supporter
Cesar and Gracie don't have to be married to get what their parents are looking for. If Gracie shows overwhelming support to Cesar and Cesar, then that more or less gets what the Emperor wanted. If Cesar shows overwhelming support to Gracie, then that gets what her father and the commoners want.

Gracie becomes the Duchess and aid counselor to the prince is more likely to be what they both desire.
Then Canaria can becom Empress, problem is, she got no back up whatesoever.

Why can I almost see Canaria trying to leave the palace on her own right at that moment?

Dex-chan lover
@cezyou : Not sure how much of it is based on real world, but in another series I've read (no, the translation is nowhere near covering this bit)

The whole first wife is the top is still the same, but the rest isn't always about the guy's libido but rather the political balance.
Basically, the king/lord is expected to take at least one wife from each faction under his command, this ensure that each faction have an avenue to give their concern to the lord.

Users who are viewing this thread