Tiger Coming In

This manga is so underrated it should be criminal... It's possibly one of the greatest pieces of art ever created.

Dex-chan lover
For the most part it is a very cute family manga, but certain side characters are genuinely atrocious and I never want to see again. For instance, the orange tiger mom is a horrible person and there is never any recourse for her. She steals, she assaults, and she doesn't raise her own kid but the manga treats her like she is supposed to be respectable. Then there's the Gumiho, who acts like a brat and serves as the tiger Martin's punching bag for no reason. Then there's the tiger Martin himself, who is generally a bad influence on the kids and does what he wants, once again with no recourse. There are good side characters too, like the goblin and the yakuza-looking villager, but they get vastly less screen time than the annoying side characters for some reason.

If this series were just the main 4, I would like it significantly more.

Group Leader
A mastah-piece of wholesome storytelling. It's similar to Yotsuba-to in the sense that the child characters feel really realistic, which really adds to the immersion of the story. Even the side characters are endearing and full of charm. The Korean mythology the story draws from which give the manhwa a solid foundation for its story and characters. This is all without mentioning the superb art which gives the wholesomeness of the story an even bigger boost.

10/10. It's a manhwa that knows what it wants to do and does it well.

Dex-chan lover
Dambi isn't a tiger btw. She's a marten. She's also female (and best mascot).
I'm aware. I said tiger marten to differentiate from a regular marten as she has been imbued with the mythological beast's energy.

As for putting he, the early chapters called Dambi he (I would guess as a mistranslation) and it stuck in my brain that way.

Dex-chan lover
Found this through tiktok, this series is delightful

Group Leader
I'm aware. I said tiger marten to differentiate from a regular marten as she has been imbued with the mythological beast's energy.

As for putting he, the early chapters called Dambi he (I would guess as a mistranslation) and it stuck in my brain that way.
my bad i didn't know for a while either

Dex-chan lover
It's a great and, I agree, underrated manhwa. It's very soothing (and, indeed, seems to be designed to be), and anyone who's been around children can attest how realistic their antics in the manhwa are.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
In case someone doesn't bother to check up on translation statuses on Discord (like me), here are some sad news - CupScans stopped translating new chapters and, as they stated on their MD group page, will be taking down their releases as soon as TCI will go paid on Naver.

Dex-chan lover
In case someone doesn't bother to check up on translation statuses on Discord (like me), here are some sad news - CupScans stopped translating new chapters and, as they stated on their MD group page, will be taking down their releases as soon as TCI will go paid on Naver.
Thank you for that information.

Fed-Kun's army
Is there a paid English translation? All I can find is the original Korean. Either way massive bummer. Always disappointing when they drop series so close to the end.

Dex-chan lover

Users who are viewing this thread