To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Ch. 147 - Adoptee

Dex-chan lover
calling it, Sha and Kiyoshi are Takebayashi adopted girls and their plan is to destroy Tokiwadai who basically "erased" Yayoi.

smells fishy to be honest... Sha and Kiyoshi's motives. Even more apparent when Nagisa said that several of the adopted girls adores the hell out of Yayoi.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Mikoto do have qualities of a hero isn't she.
Conveniently being in the wrong place and time.

Dex-chan lover
That judgement girl... I never look at her much but is her wearing clothes too loose? I see the belly button and the breast... is that even been allowed?

Dex-chan lover
That judgement girl... I never look at her much but is her wearing clothes too loose? I see the belly button and the breast... is that even been allowed?
Ruri has been known as a non-conformist girl. Thanks to that, Mikoto took after her with more tomboyish actions.

Dex-chan lover
I always think it's really funny that Judgment even exists in the first place. I know the kids have super powers but who in their right mind thinks a bunch of overpowered super children between the ages of 11-18 should be put in dangerous situations let alone be enforcing laws LMAO

Dex-chan lover
"Put in that much effort improving yourself and you'll be transformed in only six months"
Great advice senpai, the Princess will definitely take it by heart and call it her 'growth ability☆'

Aggregator gang
I always think it's really funny that Judgment even exists in the first place. I know the kids have super powers but who in their right mind thinks a bunch of overpowered super children between the ages of 11-18 should be put in dangerous situations let alone be enforcing laws LMAO
Because enforcing the law isn't really Judgement's job. At best they were supposed to be community watch type of deal or dealing with minor misdemeanors. It's just that deranged single target lesbian expanded her area of duty on her own. Probably in order to mirror oneeeeesama.

Anti-Skill is the organisation that is supposed to enforce the law and fight superpowered teenage twerps if need be.

Dex-chan lover
Judgment probably start from something like disciplinary committee, not exactly for dealing serious things like crimes.
Part of the education policy would also want the children to learn how to handle conflict on their own rather than calling adults for every single trouble (and grow up into adult who can't solve problem on their own, only deferring to authorities everytime).

Then as mentioned in 142.2, there's the Academy City's politics involved and they prefer to keep Anti Skill (adults) out of the matter.
Well, dirty adults won't stop at just solving issues, they will quick to think of how to profit from the situation.

Judgment probably start from something like disciplinary committee, not exactly for dealing serious things like crimes.
Part of the education policy would also want the children to learn how to handle conflict on their own rather than calling adults for every single trouble (and grow up into adult who can't solve problem on their own, only deferring to authorities everytime).

Then as mentioned in 142.2, there's the Academy City's politics involved and they prefer to keep Anti Skill (adults) out of the matter.
Well, dirty adults won't stop at just solving issues, they will quick to think of how to profit from the situation.
Judgement is the individual disciplinary committees of the schools and thus their jurisdiction of actual law enforcement is supposed to be only the school grounds, dormitories, and student bodies their department is assigned to, unless they have permission from Antiskill, or they are in a suitation that Antiskill can't arrive to immediately. Shirai oversteps her duties constantly, and her department is centered on Uiharu and Saten's school, not Tokiwadai, which is often a point of confusion.
Because enforcing the law isn't really Judgement's job. At best they were supposed to be community watch type of deal or dealing with minor misdemeanors. It's just that deranged single target lesbian expanded her area of duty on her own. Probably in order to mirror oneeeeesama.

Anti-Skill is the organisation that is supposed to enforce the law and fight superpowered teenage twerps if need be.
Shirai's sense of justice isn't sourced from Misaka, just put into context by it and refined by it. Shirai's sense of justice seems so be sourced more a sense of noblesse oblige from her upbringing as a child of a wealthy family. The most important impact Misaka had on Shirai was make her less proud and self-righteous. In fact, her sense of justice usually is at its strongest when she's isolated from Misaka. It's brought up multiple times throughout the series that Misaka doesn't really need Shirai as an ally and vice versa, and Shirai is aware of this. For example, during the Sisters Arc she knew something was up but left it up to Kamijou instead, knowing she was incapable of preventing Misaka's self-destruction. Her relationship with Kamijou is interesting because she actually respects him quite a bit. Also in the few times they work together separate from Misaka, they get along fairly well because both of them possess a very mature and single minded sense of right and wrong which they act on without hesitation, and never compromise on no matter what. They also both possess a strong and resourceful intuition and clearheadedness in stressful situations, combined with a surprisingly strong ability to reflect on their decisions and are well aware of their limitations. Though the biggest difference between their respective justices is that Shirai's justice is a sense of noble selfless righteousness brought out of a sense of purpose and duty, while Kamijou's is fueled by his selfish and even greedy desire for self satisfaction in righting wrongs that upset him in the current moment (though I doubt Shirai is aware of this). When Shirai works with Misaka directly, she completely submits herself to Misaka's will, overriding her own values with Misaka's own more raw, emotional and reactive sense of justice. Misaka's sense of justice is peerless and unstoppable, but liable to shift suddenly due to her emotional instability. Misaka's more naturally kindhearted and altruistic than Shirai is, but this often makes Misaka susceptible to being manipulated or misguided. Shirai's got a heart of steel while Misaka's got a heart of a wrathful storm god. In terms of strength of will and character, Shirai's actually the stronger. She's fairly grounded and 'human' when compared to inhuman 'monsters' like Misaka and Kamijou.

TL;DR Shirai's actually a really compelling character when the story takes her seriously.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

In what world is Anti-Skill good a fighting anything that superpowered. Sure they can deal quite effectively with level one to three espers, they might even be able to take down some level four espers but all level fives would turn them into red stains on the ground. Not to mention they completely ineffective against magic users.

Dex-chan lover
In what world is Anti-Skill good a fighting anything that superpowered. Sure they can deal quite effectively with level one to three espers, they might even be able to take down some level four espers but all level fives would turn them into red stains on the ground. Not to mention they completely ineffective against magic users.
GT3 is an example of unhinged Anti-Skill in operation. Give them enough resources they do be ridin' downtown with kids in leashes. :kek:

GT3 is an example of unhinged Anti-Skill in operation. Give them enough resources they do be ridin' downtown with kids in leashes. :kek:
There was also DA in the Accelerator and Dark Matter Manga. I don't blame you for forgetting about them lol.
Apparently their body armor and shields are resistant to esper powers' effects. It's never really made clear how this works. I assume it works like AIM Jammers but on a smaller and less effective scale. Also most magic users still die when they get shot.
Ultimately the reason Anti-Skill has more authority is to enforce the natural hierarchy of Adults/Children Teachers/Students. If anything reached the point that Anti-Skill couldn't handle, that's usually when the real power in Academy City kicks in. Stuff like the Board Member's 'Brains', the Five-Overs, the Rensas, the Kiharas, the Dark Side esper teams, whatever wack shit Chairman Aliester has up his ass which includes orbital lasers, godlike alien entities, using the entire city as a magic circle and of course nanomachines.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
There was also DA in the Accelerator and Dark Matter Manga. I don't blame you for forgetting about them lo
Forgetting Dark Matter is an intentional joke on me 'cause Kamachi don't really give him much Justice :kek:

Users who are viewing this thread