To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Vol. 16 Ch. 125 - Pride

Dex-chan lover
Bottom panel, page 14

MISAKA IS HOT

Good thing she's in college rather than middle school

thofheinz -
Bruh, she is in middle school. Always has been. Literally the uniform she wears is from Tokiwadai Middle School.

1234muse -
Also, imagine thinking Touma's a self-insert LMAO. That's a good one.
Spoken like a true Railgunfag.
Note, everything he's gone through in all 47 main novels have happened, in what a space of roughly 6 months?
There's no way in hell I'd ever want to self-insert into him seeing the shit he has to deal with on a daily basis.
Calling him a self-insert is quite literally the most idiotic thing I've ever heard anyone say about him.

Let me guess - you also got salty about the fact that Touma got included in the Daihasei Festival.
I mean, his exclusion would just mean that Academy City gets reduced to smithereens, but hey guess that's no big deal. Clearly your hatred and want for his exclusion in Railgun is clearly more important than any of that. I also fail to see how any of the characters in the Daihasei Festival arc went stupid once he was introduced into the arc, but according to you they apparently did LOL.

@1234muse what ?? Oh by your stupid logic Touma degrades Railgun?? Railgun's biggest arcs has Touma doing something and so far this arc is boring that many fans are complaining, and again how in the hell will Misaka beat Accelerator huh with her plot armor or power of friendship. ... Touma was needed there and also how in the hell would Misaka turn back to normal from her Level 5.3 state huh..... She literally got saved not by just Touma but also Misaki, Kuroko and Gunha it was teamwork not Touma alone saving her, but I guess people like you can only complain without trying to look closer

Dex-chan lover
@SandyBoi
if he isn't a self-insert why does he have his hands in literally everything with the most ridiculous setting-breaking power and plot armour? also imho that's a cop-out. in Daihasei it would've clearly been written differently had touma not been involved. at this point he's just a plot device to make unwinnable situations like the lvl-6 shift not happen. honestly even if he's not a self-insert cheat character, he's still a massive crutch for the story.

@1234muse
Him being a self-insert as you've so idiotically proclaimed and him getting involved in situations are two different things, first of all.
I can't say much about the powers beyond Imagine Breaker because even us novel readers don't know all that much, so unfortunately I can't really discuss that aspect.

About plor armour - every main character has some level of plot armour, no matter what series they are in. Hell, Accelerator and Hamazura have plenty of that themselves. I'd even say Mikoto has plenty of plot armour herself (especially in Railgun, as the arcs here are light years behind the light novels and as we know this all takes place in the same universe, literally nothing bad can happen to any of the main 4 because they've been seen way later down the road in the novels.) I should also add that doing something terrible to Mikoto in story (like killing her off) is just going to result in her rabid fanbase losing their shit over it and honestly wouldn't even surprise me if people were to send death threats to Kamachi over it lmao. You can complain about plot armour all you want, it's always going to be there. Also, there's more often than not a reason why we are following a certain character in a story (like Touma). Killing the main character would be effectively putting an end to the story as a whole.

Touma being a crutch in the story is honestly no surprise, especially given Mikoto's heavy involvement with him throughout the Index novels (she gets even more involved even when she's honestly not even relevant to the story at all.) Mikoto's always wanted the strength to be able to protect those she holds dear and this becomes more apparent in the novels, when she's going up against opponents she has no chance against. She hates the feeling of being powerless while the people she cares about are being injured in battle. The most obvious example being Touma's fight with Accelerator.

Dex-chan lover
@SandyBoi you have some good points. but the big gap between us that I see is that, you're coming from the perspective of someone who has read the novels. all the novels[/i] which I have not. I started with railgun. and picked up accelerator along the way. so this is completely an outside perspective to index, which I could never push through,

@1234muse
Ah I see. Is there a reason in particular why you don't want to read them? I know there's a lot of them, but there's no rush in getting through them all. You can read them at your own pace. I know people on the Kamachiland discord server that are still in Old Testament (basically stuff that's been covered by the Index anime) and have been reading it at a speed that they are comfortable with.
Or is it the fact that there's so much text in light novels that it feels daunting? I know plenty of people, especially nowadays that feel as though it's much easier to read manga than it is light novels (which is honestly kind of unfortunate) as there are less words. Some people even worry about the fact that they have trouble imagining the events occurring within the novels.

Dex-chan lover
@SandyBoi I've just never been able to struggle through index. I honestly just never picked up the novels. dunno. some things I feel more like reading and some less. this is one I just want to follow through the manga tbh.

@1234muse
I see. Well if you do go through the Index manga, just know that it skips two arcs, OT2 (Deep Blood arc) and OT4 (Angel Fall) arc because apparently the higher ups(?) wanted to get to the arcs with Mikoto in them faster. Unfortunately that meant a lot of the worldbuilding that comes from thoses arcs have been cut as well as many other things (like Touma's background before coming to Academy City), which to me was a very stupid decision, but nothing can be done about it now.

Dex-chan lover
@SandyBoi ah. tbh If I ever make a third try to sit through it, I'll probably start with the anime. and go in reverse from there.

Users who are viewing this thread